Looking for available travel experts
Holidays to Barcelona will take you to a city focused on living a good life. Fresh, flavourful Catalan cooking, tapas bars and seaside taverns all offer a taste of what Barcelona has to offer. After feasting on the food, savour the sights of Barcelona’s architecture from ancient Roman ruins to the celebrated Gaudi masterpieces. Cool off in the cerulean Mediterranean Sea and then party the night away where live music dances down side-streets, keeping your feet moving until sunrise.
- All good things come to those who wait, and after 130 years of construction, La Sagrada Familia still isn’t finished! Gaudi’s personal obsession, the church is the most visited monument in Spain.
- Park Güell is Gaudi’s garden, wander the pathways and be enchanted by the natural forms.
- Museu Picasso is set in no less than 5 medieval mansions and is a must-see for art fans.
- Museu d'Història de Barcelona takes you from the Roman Barcino in 10 BC up to modern day Barcelona.
- La Rambla is the street to stroll down in Barcelona.
- The imposing gothic church of Santa Maria Del Mar is an impressive example of 14th century architecture.
- Though artificial, the Platjes beaches are a welcome escape from the mediterranean heat.
- Families should stop by the CosmoCaixa science museum to keep the little ones happy.
- Tour Barcelona Aquarium, one of Europe’s largest, known for it’s shark tunnel.
- Shop for groceries at the pretty Mercat de Santa Caterina.
- Edge Brewing is worth the brewery tour for the craft beers on offer.
- Watch a Flamenco show in Montjuïc.
- The Barcelona Card will give you free public transport and discounts on attractions.
- Buy fresh, affordable produce like a local at the city’s markets.
- Before holidaying in Barcelona book tickets for popular attractions in advance.
- Staying in the suburbs is a cheaper way to visit Barcelona.
- Like in all major tourist cities, be aware of pickpockets.
- The shoulder seasons of Spring and Autumn are the best time to visit Barcelona.
Lastly, if you're looking to rent cars in Barcelona, please do check out Vehicle Rent, normally a great and cheap car rental service.