Welcome to the place where the party never stops: The Bahamas is the ideal destination for travelers from the world over, as the country provides something special for each and every visitor. This is the best Caribbean holiday you can hope for, and then some. To make the most of your sun and sand holiday, you have to figure out when to visit Bahamas. The weather in Bahamas is more or less amazing the entire year, but some months are definitely better than the others. Read on, to find out what is the best time to visit Bahamas.
- High Season: May - October
- Low Season: None
- All Seasons: May - October (summer), November - February (fall), March - April (spring)
- The hurricane season in Bahamas lasts from June to November, but there are hardly any hurricanes in the area. However, it is still recommended that you check the weather online before you make the bookings.
Whether it is the beautiful white beaches, or the exciting scuba diving opportunities, Bahamas has exceptional adventures to offer the year round. This is a family-friendly destination that is elevated to the next level by the presence of amazing duty-free shops that will give you enough opportunities to shop till you drop.
When to visit Bahamas? Between May and October, for sure! The weather is ideal, with some cold winds blowing in. You will also get to avoid the crowds, which will give you more space to explore this popular tourist destination, and help you save a lot of money on accommodation and flight tickets as well. Remember, some of the smaller islands might shut down for certain months so plan accordingly.
The second best time to visit is between November to February. This is the peak season for holidaying in Bahamas, so expect to share your favorite spots with others and pay over-the-top prices for your accommodations. The weather will be amazing, and if you want to celebrate with a large number of people, this is always a good season. Be prepared for higher flight fares as well!
May to October — Good Season
This , which is not really saying a lot. The weather in Bahamas is perfect the year round, but the May - October season is ideal for a whole bunch of reasons. First of all, the beautiful white sand beaches and the crystal blue waters of Bahamas are better enjoyed in isolation, which you can do with ease in this season. If you are planning on visiting Paradise Island, or the Grand Bahama, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Avg. Temperature: 72 – 90° F / 22 – 32° C (Nassau)
- Rainfall: 140 – 220 mm
- Season: Summer
- Highlights: If you want to undertake activities that do not involve just lying on the beach-side, sipping a drink, there are a number of special events take place in the Bahamas during these months - most importantly, the Independence Week, in July. If you’re interested in a uniquely Bahamian experience, you can head down to Nassau on the first Friday in June, and celebrate Randol Fawkes Labour Day, when a number of people lead a parade, along with live music and excellent food.
November to February — Peak Season
November - February is the peak season - understandably so. The weather in Bahamas is quite warm - hitting a balmy 80 degrees. The afternoons do get rather hot, but the cold ocean breeze blows in during the evenings, making the weather absolutely beautiful. This is the busiest time of the year, so you will have to book your tickets well in advance, especially if you intend to holiday around the months of December and January.
- Avg. Temperature: 63 – 82° F / 17 – 28° C (Nassau)
- Rainfall: 70 – 100 mm
- Season: Winter
- Highlights: Grand Bahamas is slightly cooler than the other parts of Bahamas, so if you cannot tolerate the heat, this is the right time for you to visit. Christmas is celebrated with a number of parades and parties, and the Junkanoo Festival of the Igbo is celebrated on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day with a massive public parade. This is the ideal time to go scuba diving, or snorkeling as well. Nassau, Freeport, San Salvador, all have great resorts for adventures into the sea.
March to May — Good Season
This short period is definitely the best time to visit Bahamas, provided you’re only there to party. The spring break in the months of April and May draws hundreds of college students and this makes the Bahamas the worst place to visit for families and couples looking for a tropical paradise and solitude. Most of the bigger places, like Nassau and Paradise Island, are extremely crowded, but you might be able to get away from the party crowd in destinations such as Eleuthera or Bimini Islands. Be prepared for some crazy parties wherever you go, though!
- Avg. Temperature: 64 – 84° F / 18 – 29° C (Nassau)
- Rainfall: 70 – 160 mm
- Season: Summer
- Highlights: If you want to experience a posh holiday, with some great nightlife, you can head to the Paradise Islands during the spring break. The golf courses, casinos, and clubs will give you enough excitement to last a lifetime. Places like San Salvador and Nassau will be crowded, but the nightlife will be rather amazing, especially if you love to party by the beach side.