- City sightseeing
- Bird watching
- Young Adults
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 17 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3472
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- The stars of this trip are the dramatic and varied landscapes of lush Central America. If you’re thinking active volcanoes, idyllic beaches and emerald jungles – this trip has got you covered.
- Quaint Suchitoto is a contemporary arts hub with a colonial facade. Explore the flowerstudded balconies, galleries housed in 19thcentury buildings and a lake teeming with thousands of local birds.
- Stray off the beaten track in El Cuco, where the darksand beaches are secluded, the surf breaks are pumping, and the sunsets are unforgettable.
- Nicaragua is often neglected by travellers in favour of its neighbours, but their loss is your gain! Travel through Central America’s largest country and discover towns largely untouched by tourism.
- Hike, cycle or zipline through the steamy cloud forests of Monteverde – there’s so many ways to experience the lush canopies and see unique Central American wildlife.
From tropical cloud forests alive with jungle melodies to vast freshwater lakes and active volcanoes, this pocket of Central America is a pure, unrefined paradise. Relaxing beneath shaggy palms on a dark-sand beach in El Cuco, or spotting colourful birds perched on the colonial facades of Suchitoto. Standing in the shadow of mighty Arenal Volcano or spotting sloths among the canopy of Monteverde, this 17-day Central American journey through Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Costa Rica is perfect for those who like their Lonely Planet Experience 'la forma natural' (the natural way).
Day 1: Antigua
Day 2: Copan
Day 3: Suchitoto
Day 4: Suchitoto
Day 5: San Miguel / El Cuco
Day 6: El Cuco
Day 7: Leon
Day 8: Granada
Day 9: Granada
Day 10: Ometepe Island
Day 11: Ometepe Island
Day 12: Monteverde
Day 13: Monteverde
Day 14: La Fortuna
Day 15: La Fortuna
Day 16: San Jose
Day 17: San Jose
- Hotel (14 nights), Lodge (2 nights)
- 1 Lunch
- Private vehicle , Public bus , Local bus , Taxi , Shared boat , Ferry
- An expert tour leader
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Copan - Archeological site (entrance fee and transport, no guide)
- Suchitoto - Leader led walking tour
- San Miguel - Salvadoran Pupusa cooking demonstration
- Leon - Leader led walking tour
- Monteverde - Leader led walking tour
- La Fortuna - Leader led walking tour
- San Jose - Leader-led walking tour
- Any international flights to Antigua and from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Central American Journey tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 43+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Central American Journey tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 October 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 October 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Central American Journey tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Central American Journey tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- You cover heaps of ground on this trip, and so there are some long travel days (especially Day 8). Although this can be tiresome, it's a great opportunity to sit back, enjoy the passing scenery and to bond with your fellow travellers. This is a real Central American adventure, after all!
- This trip includes time spent travelling in a private vehicle with your group. Extra space can be tight, and conditions may feel a little cramped. It’s all part of the adventure and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers. Please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
- As this trip covers destinations across five countries, you'll need to make several border crossings. While these are usually straightforward, please prepare to be patient.
- Central America is tropical, so expect a hot and humid climate. Make sure you protect yourself from the sun, wear comfortable, light clothing and stay hydrated - especially when out on walking tours.
- There are many opportunities to get active on this adventure.
- From walking the Costa Rican border crossing to optional full-day volcano hikes, this trip can involve a lot of walking. Please ensure you bring sturdy walking shoes and comfortable clothes. To make the most of the trip, it's best if you have at least a moderate level of fitness.
- There will be times when you have to walk with your luggage, and for this reason, we recommend packing light and using a backpack or something easy to carry.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.