- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Walking tour
- Kayaking and canoeing
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hike the colourful sandstone canyons and swim in natural pools in Isalo National Park
- Traverse the limestone pinnacles of Tsingy de Bemaraha
- Search for lemurs in Ranomafana Nature Reserve and Kirindy Forest
- Trek amongst the granite peaks and valleys of Andringitra National Park
A complete exploration of the enigmatic island 'continent' of Madagascar. Discover the diverse wildlife and ecology of Madagascar on this unique multi-activity tour. Madagascar is the world’s fourth largest island and about the size of France. Isolated from Africa millions of years ago it has evolved an incredibly rich ecology and landscape that is as bizarre as it is unique. Home to one of the richest ecosystems on earth, you will be in awe of its quirky lemurs and endemic varieties of Baobab trees. Madagascar is "home" to nearly one-quarter of all the flowering plants in Africa. It also boasts ninety percent of the known species of lemur and half the world's population of chameleons. Marvel at the diverse landscapes, from lush tropical rainforest to semi arid and jagged limestone pinnacles. The local people, who are descendants of seafarers from the Indian Ocean, are proudly distinct from the peoples of continental Africa and are unfailingly polite and hospitable. We explore the spectacular collection of the island’s national parks on this itinerary including the UNESCO World Heritage site of Tsingy de Bemaraha.
Day 1 : Arrival in Antananarivo
Day 2 : Antananarivo to Tsiroanomandidy (approx 220 kms, 4hrs)
Day 3 : Drive to the Bongolava Massif via Belobaka (approx 120 kms, 6-7 hrs)
Day 4 : Trekking to Ankavandra and begin the descent of the Manambolo River (walk approx 3 hrs)
Day 5-6 : Canoeing Manambolo River
Day 7 : Canoeing Manambolo Gorge, Bekopaka
Day 8 : Tsingy of Bemaraha
Day 9 : Bekopaka to Kirindy Forest (approx 120 kms, 6 hrs)
Day 10 : Kirindy Forest to Morondava (walk approx 2 hrs; drive 80 kms - approx 2 hrs)
Day 11 : Morondava to Antsirabe (approx 530 kms, 10 hrs)
Day 12 : Antsirabe to Ranomafana (approx 250 kms, 6 hrs)
Day 13 : Ranomafana National Park, transfer to campsite outside Andringitra National Park
Day 14 : Ranomafana to Andringitra (approx 200 kms, 6 hrs)
Day 15-16 : Andringitra National Park
Day 17 : Andringitra to Isalo National Park (approx 225 kms, 7 hrs)
Day 18 : Walking in Isalo National Park (walk approx 5 - 6 hrs)
Day 19 : Isalo to Toliara (approx 240 kms, 4 hrs)
Day 20 : Fly from Toliara to Antananarivo
Day 21 : In Antananarivo, trip concludes
- 9 nights in 2 star hotels on a twinshare basis
- 20 breakfasts, 18 lunches and 18 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 21 only)
- English speaking local guide (or driver-guide only for groups of 2-4 people)
- Private vehicle transport throughout
- Porters and cook/camp crew for trek in Bongalava
- Canoe assistants and cook/camp crew on Manambolo River
- Local guide in Isalo, Tsingy, Andringitra, Ranomafana National Parks
- 11 nights fully supported camping on a twinshare tent basis
- Group camping equipment including tent and sleeping mat (sleeping bag and pillow not included)
- Permits and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Tourist taxes
- Internal flight Toliara/Antananarivo is NOT included
- International flights and airport taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers if not arriving/ departing on Days 1 & 21
- Sleeping bag
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks.
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Madagascar Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 June 2021, a deposit of 343 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Madagascar Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Madagascar Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.