- Walking tour
- Countryside and village visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Stroll through the flourishing countryside of the Amalfi Coast and pick lemons straight from the tree
- Join the sophisticates of Puglia with a glass of Moscato di Trani and drink to Trani’s Adriatic beauty at a harbourside bar
- Stay in a bit of local history and feel like a true Alberobello resident with a night in Alberobello’s unique trulli
- Explore the otherworldly Sassi of Matera – stone houses formed from natural grottoes and tufo cliffs overlooking a dramatic gorge
Take off on an unforgettable journey down Italy’s rarely visited heel, getting to know another side of this entrancing country. Believe the beauty of Amalfi, unwind in style among the sophisticates of Trani and tour the Roman ruins, baroque churches and whitewashed alleyways of Lecce. Wander among the peculiarly shaped houses of Alberobello, wander the hillside dwellings of Matera and discover the old town’s life surrounding Bari's Basilica di San Nicola. Head down and say ciao to Italy’s southernmost slice of the Adriatic.
Ostuni / Alberobello
Matera / Bari
- Hotel (9 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts
- Train , Public bus , Private vehicle , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Trani - City Walking Tour with Local Guide
- Lecce - Aperitivo with Local Specialties
- Alberobello - Olive Oil Mill Visit and Tasting
- Matera - Ipogeo Underground Cistern
- Matera - City Walking Tour with Local Guide
- Any international flights to Amalfi Coast & Campania and from Bari are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore Southern Italy tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Explore Southern Italy tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Explore Southern Italy tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore Southern Italy tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Due to the terrain the means of transportation on this trip is a mix of local trains, private vehicles and public buses. Train travel is a fast way to traverse long distances, allowing you to avoid traffic jams and arrive right into the city centre. Trains are comfortable and all have toilets, however can often be quite busy.
- Please note that you'll have to carry your own luggage on and off the trains, and up and down stairs at train stations and at hotels, so make sure it doesn’t exceed our weight and size recommendations. You can find this information in the 'Packing' section of the Essential Trip Information. You may want to consider taking a backpack rather than a wheelie bag, however this is up to your personal preference and what you feel more comfortable with.
- Summer temperatures can be extreme in many of the regions visited (over 40°C), which can be uncomfortable. It’s important to use sun protection, wear layers to combat the heat and drink plenty of water. Additionally, please be aware that July, August and the first half of September is high season along the Southern Italian coast, which means that the local infrastructure is under a lot of pressure with a lot of people in the towns we visit. Please carefully consider the time of the year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season.
- As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same sex. If you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is available at an additional charge. Please ask your travel consultant for more details, and please note that in some hotels a single supplement exclusion applies where single rooms are not available. Hotels in Europe often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other travellers, so embrace it while you can. Please also note that many accommodations offer shared bathrooms rather than ensuite facilities.
- If you have more time to explore the region you can extend your trip and see more of Italy by starting your travels in Rome. Check out our trip 'Rome to Southern Italy' (trip code ZMSSC). Most departure dates are designed to create this perfect combination trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Finish point description