- City sightseeing
- Motorcycle tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Find out why the Swiss are known around the world for their cheese and chocolate, with visits to producers of both in La Gruyere region.
- Your local group leader will provide expert advice on how to make the most of your free time, as well as giving you orientation walks around each place so you can get your bearings.
- Discover the Top of Europe in the Jungfrau region. With a free day to choose your own adventure, you can take the day as relaxed or as thrillseeking as you want to explore this highland haven.
- Take in the breathtaking alpine views from the summit of Pilatus Mountain with your small group, reached via the steepiest cogwheel railway in the world.
A ten-day jaunt through the countryside and cuisine of Switzerland is the ideal way to see (and taste) all things Swiss. This small nation packs a punch with its mountainous landscapes, glacial lakes, picturesque cities and food staples that are so tough to beat. Beginning in Zurich, head to historic St Gallen, lakeside Lucerne, adrenaline-filled Interlaken and cheese-obsessed Gruyeres before finishing in the nation's quaint capital, Bern. Here, the outdoors has never looked so good and chocolate has never tasted so smooth, so it’s time to test it out yourself.
Zurich / St Gallen
Mt Pilatus / Lucerne
Interlaken / Bulle
Gruyeres / Bulle
- Hotel (8 nights), Hostel (1 night)
- 9 Breakfasts
- Train , Public bus , Boat , Cable car , Cog railway , E-bike
- An expert tour leader
- St Gallen - Abbey of St Gall & Library
- Lucerne - Boat Cruise & Mt Pilatus Golden Circle Tour
- Gruyeres - Maison Cailler Chocolate Factory
- Gruyeres - Maison de Gruyere Fromagerie Cheese Factory
- Bern - E-Bike Tour
- Any international flights to Zurich and from Bern are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Switzerland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 115+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Switzerland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 May 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Switzerland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Switzerland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Some of Switzerland’s best scenery is found on walks, which can be quite steep and long. While this trip itself doesn't require a high level of fitness, it’s essential to be at least moderately fit if you want to take part in all activities. During the trip, you have the option to hike the trails in the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau region.
- You will take part in a cycling trip around Bern. It will be possible to choose an e-bike, but you must be able to keep your balance and be comfortable cycling in light traffic. Bern is the most cycling-friendly city in the whole world, so don't worry too much.
- Less time spent travelling; more time to explore each destination. The primary means of transportation on this trip is by train. Swiss trains are a fast (and punctual) way to cross long distances, allowing you to avoid traffic jams and arrive right into the city centre. They are comfortable and all have toilets, however, can sometimes be quite busy. Please note that you'll have to carry your own luggage on and off the train, so make sure it doesn’t exceed our weight and size recommendations. You can find specifics under ‘Packing’ in the ‘Essential Trip Information’ section.
- As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, solo travellers will share a room with other travellers of the same gender. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it! If you’d prefer not to share, a single supplement is bookable on this trip, subject to availability at the time of booking. Space is at a premium in Europe and your hotel is no exception. Rooms are often small, but usually the central location makes up for that. For those travelling as a duo, hotels in Europe often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together. In some cases, bathroom facilities will be shared rather than ensuite.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions