- Bicycle tour
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 25
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycling on the beautiful Estonian island of Saaremaa
- Discovering the small towns and villages en route
- Exploring the historic centres of Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn
- The coastal scenery of the Baltic coast and the wildness of the national parks
Explore the contrasting cultures and natural landscapes along the Baltic coastline connecting Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. While Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia share the same Baltic coastline, the contrasting unique characters of these three countries will become evident as you follow this incredibly scenic cycling route from Vilnius to Tallinn. From the three capitals - Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn - to the many small villages that have changed little over time, this guided cycling experience along low traffic roads and dedicated cycle paths will showcase the diverse cultures, World Heritage sites and mainly flat landscapes that make travelling in this region so different to anywhere else in Europe. Discover the island castle at Trakai, enter the previously off-limits Curonian Spit, a wild pre-historic sand dune peninsula, and marvel at the pilgrimage sight of thousands of crosses of every size and design imaginable at the Hill of Crosses in northern Lithuania. Crossing into Latvia, dip your toes in the Baltic Sea at the white sandy beaches of Jurmula and on the island of Saaremaa, visit Latvia's oldest Church and pay homage at a bicycle museum before heading into Estonia. We'll stop at Saaremaa, famous for its Bishop's Castle, before reaching the Estonian capital of Tallinn, where the trip concludes.
Day 1 : Arrive Vilnius (Lithuania)
Day 2 : Vilnius city tour, Trakai Island Castle, cycle then transfer to Kaunas (28km/18mi)
Day 3 : Transfer to Nemunas River Delta, cycle to Vente Horn (30km/19mi), transfer to Klaipeda
Day 4 : Cycle at the Curonian Spit, return to Klaipeda (58km/36mi)
Day 5 : To Palanga by bike (32km/20mi), drive to Hill of Crosses then cross border to Riga
Day 6 : Morning Riga city tour, cycle to Jurmala Beach (30km/18.5mi), return to Riga
Day 7 : Visit Bicycle Museum then cycle through the Gauja National Park to Sigulda (40km/25mi)
Day 8 : Ferry to Saaremaa island, explore Baltic Sea coast by bike (38km/24mi)
Day 9 : Morning ride at Sorve Peninsula, afternoon visit to Kuressaare (56km/34mi)
Day 10 : Ride to Kaali meteorite crater (40km/25mi or 30km/19mi), transfer to Tallinn
Day 11 : Trip concludes
- 8 nights in 3 star hotels and 2 nights in 4 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- Information pack (one set per room booked)
- 10 breakfasts, 1 picnic lunch and 4 dinners (does not include drinks). The breakfast and dinners are provided at your overnight hotel or a local restaurant. Breakfast will generally be buffet style with breads, cheese, some meats, spreads and perhaps yoghurt and muesli. There will also be juice, coffee and tea available. Dinners will usually be 3 courses (sometimes 2).
- Internal transfers as described by air-conditioned coach/minibus
- Luggage transfers and support vehicle
- Ferry tickets to/from the Curonian Spit and to/from Saaremaa Island
- Tour guide - one tour guide for 2-19 people or two guides for groups sizes of 20-25 people
- 24-speed bike rental with pannier and helmet (electric bike available - supplement applies)
- Welcome meeting and welcome drink
- Mineral water during cycle days and reusable water bottle
- Boat trip across Curonian Lagoon
- Entrance to museums: Vente Ornithological station, Amber museum in Palanga, Turaida Castle, Bicycle Museum in Saulkrasti, Angla Windmill Park in Saaremaa
- Travel to Vilnius and from Tallinn
- 8 lunches and 6 dinners and drinks (optional 4 dinner package including 3 course dinners on days 2, 3, 7 & 9 is available for a supplement)
- Tips for tour guides and crew
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Items of a personal nature - eg. phone calls, laundry
- Entrances to museums not noted as included
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Treasures of the Baltic by Bike tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Treasures of the Baltic by Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Treasures of the Baltic by Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.