- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the serenity of Luang Prabang.
- Float on the mighty Mekong.
- Experience the beauty of scenic northern Thailand.
Start this nine-day tour in laid-back Vientiane and head south to Chiang Mai, experiencing some of the best of Southeast Asia along the way. Caves, city lights, temples, street food crawls – this adventure’s got it all. Feeling active? Hike, bike, or swim in Vang Vieng. Feeling dreamy? Cruise the Mekong and then get a real feel for local life with a village homestay. Once in Chiang Mai, opt to visit Doi Suthep temple or catch a Thai boxing match. Better yet, do both!
Day 1: Vientiane
Day 2: Vientiane/Vang Vieng
Day 3: Vang Vieng
Day 4: Vang Vieng/Luang Prabang
Day 5: Luang Prabang
Day 6: Luang Prabang/Pak Beng
Day 7: Pak Beng/Chiang Khong
Day 8: Chiang Khong/Chiang Mai
Day 9: Chiang Mai
- Simple hotels (twin-share) (4 nts), hostels (multi-share) (3 nts), homestay (1 nt).
6 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD105-140 for meals not included.
- Train, local bus, air-con bus, slow boat, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your G for Good Moment: Mekong River Homestay & Baci Ceremony, Muang Pakbèng
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Luang Prabang
- Slow boat up the Mekong
- Orientation walk of Luang Prabang
- Witness the giving of alms (Luang Prabang)
- Street food crawls
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Vientiane and from Chiang Mai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Laos: Sunrises & Street Food tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 23 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 23 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Laos: Sunrises & Street Food tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Laos: Sunrises & Street Food tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.