- City sightseeing
- Train tour
- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3752
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Take a day trip to Perugia’s ancient town – Spello. Walk among the decorated facades, winding laneways and cobbled streets and then sample the local wine and regional delicacies at a local enoteca for lunch.
- See some iconic sites like the canals of Venice, the Duomo’s gorgeous exterior in Florence and the endless sights in Rome. Find out why these cities are loved by so many and enjoy plenty of free time to make your own discoveries.
- Eat your way through this foodie’s paradise with a cicchetti (small bites) tour in Venice, a pesto-making class in Cinque Terre and a local leader to point out all the best spots for espresso, gelato, wine and pasta.
- A series of walking paths connect the pastel villages of Monterosso, Corniglia and Riomaggiore in Cinque Terre. Explore this amazing region on foot with a group hike (and make sure you bring your camera).
- Support the local community with a farewell dinner in Trastevere – a gorgeous area in Rome popular for its summer dining and aperitif culture – at a local cooperative that employs people living with disabilities and provides hospitality training.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll learn about our Intrepid Foundation partner, Cooperativa Coraggio. Donations help them regenerate 22 hectares of unused public land to create local jobs and produce organic food in Italy. Intrepid will double the impact by dollar-matching all post-trip donations made to The Intrepid Foundation.
- Show more
Take a trip to Italy, from the canals of Venice to the cobblestone streets of Rome. On this ten-day trip, you’ll explore historic sites and picturesque villages through some of the most incredible places in Europe’s treasure trove. Start in the canal-laden Venice and feel like you’ve stepped right into a postcard as you walk the streets on a cicchetti crawl, then visit the gorgeous Cinque Terre for hikes, photos and a pesto-making class. Soak in the coastal colours and then head to Pisa, home to that tilted tower. Explore Florence’s art, history and rich culture with loads of free time and then go on to discover the rolling green hills of Umbria. Sample wine, delicious food and great company and then move on to mighty Rome.
Day 1: Venice
Day 2: Venice
Day 3: La Spezia
Day 4: La Spezia / Cinque Terre
Day 5: Pisa - Florence
Day 6: Florence
Day 7: Perugia
Day 8: Perugia / Spello
Day 9: Rome
Day 10: Rome
- Hotel (9 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 3 Dinners
- Train , Public bus , Ferry , Metro , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Venice - Cicchetti tour
- Venice - San Giorgio Bell Tower
- Venice - Traghetto Ride
- Venice - Vaporetto daily pass
- Cinque Terre - 'Il Laboratorio del Pesto' Making & Demonstration
- Cinque Terre - Cinque Terre Pass and leader-led hike
- Pisa - Half Day Trip to Pisa
- Florence - Piazzale Michelangelo
- Perugia - Leader-led orientation walk
- Spello - Enoteca Wine Tasting & Lunch
- Rome - Leader-led orientation walk
- Any international flights to Venice and from Rome are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Italy Experience tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 139+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Italy Experience tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 April 2024, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Italy Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Italy Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- The primary means of transportation on this trip is by train. Italian trains are comfortable, and all have toilets. Due to the destinations visited on this trip, many train journeys are done by local trains.
- It’s recommended you pack light and smart for this trip, as you'll be required to carry your own luggage between train and bus stations and hotels, which can include going up and down multiple flights of stairs and across cobblestones.
- There are many in-demand, ticketed sites to visit in Florence and Rome. Please review the Itinerary for our recommendations on when you will have time available if you would like to pre-purchase tickets.
- Summer temperatures can be extreme in many regions of Italy (over 40°C), which can be uncomfortable. It’s essential to use sun protection, wear layers to combat the heat and drink plenty of water. Please consider the time of the year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.