- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hike between the preserved post towns of the Nakasendo Way – reconnect with the Edo history on this ancient trail connecting Edo (now Tokyo) and Kyoto.
- Discover one of Japan's best cycling routes the Shimanami Kaido which links Honshu with Shikoku across the scenic Inland Sea and enjoy a cycling and kayaking experience
- Templehop through the historic city of Kyoto with a guided ride past some of the major religious sites in the city a perfect active way to explore this ancient capital.
- The Kumano Kodo is one of only two World Heritagelisted pilgrimage trails in the world. Hike a section of the ancient route, arriving at spectacular Nachi Falls and Nachi Taisha Shrine.
Embark on an insightful cultural (and physical) workout with a 12-day active adventure across Japan’s ancient history, religious sites and natural wonder. Beginning in Tokyo, leave the crowds behind for a hike through post towns dotted along the Nakasendo Way, then continue to the Seto Inland Sea for a biking and kayaking adventure along the Shimanami Kaido. Stop by historic Kyoto before tackling the mother of all pilgrimages along sections of the historic Kumano Kodo. With the opportunity to explore diverse neighbourhoods and experience real hospitality along your way, discover the secrets, past and present, of an enchanting Japan.
Nakasendo / Onomichi (Hiking)
Shimanami Kaido / Onomichi (Cycling & Kayaking)
Koguchi/Kii Katsuura (Hiking)
- Hotel/Ryokan (11 nights)
- 4 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Boat , Public Bus , Metro , Bullet Train , Train , Taxi , Walking , Bike , Kayak
- Tsumago - Waki Honjin
- Nakasendo Trail - Magome to Tsumago hiking
- Onomichi - Shimanami Kaido cycling
- Ikuchijima Island- Sea Kayaking
- Kyoto - Fushimi Inari-Taisha
- Kyoto - Gion District walk
- Kyoto - Ginkaku-ji (Silver Pavilion)
- Kyoto - Mt. Daimonji-yama hike
- Kyoto - Kyoto Cycling
- Kyoto - Kinkaku-ji (Golden Pavilion)
- Kyoto - Daitokuji Temple
- Shingu - Kumano Hayatama Taisha Shrine
- Kumano Kudo - Hiking
- Kumano Kodo - Kumano Nachi Taisha
- Toba - Mikimoto Pearl Island Museum
- Kii Katsuura - Tuna Market
- Osaka - Dotombori District walking tour
- Any international flights to Tokyo and from Osaka are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Japan: Hike, Bike & Kayak tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 157+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Japan: Hike, Bike & Kayak tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 57 days before departure. For any departures within 27 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Japan: Hike, Bike & Kayak tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Japan: Hike, Bike & Kayak tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Last modified (date)
Is this trip right for you
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Joining point description