- City sightseeing
- Museum and gallery visits
- Countryside and village visits
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Take to the Tuscan countryside and cycle along the Serchio River in Lucca, working up an appetite for the region’s delicious local food and renowned wines.
- Spend a free day exploring the beautiful villages, estates and gardens dotted around Lake Como, crisscrossing the lake by ferry, and consider exploring the grounds of Bellagio's grand Villa Melzi.
- Head with your local leader to a quaint rural village in the heart of Piedmonte to sample worldclass local wines from unique grapes grown only in this region – saluti!
- Test yourself on the hilly trails of the Cinque Terre, stopping by the picturesque pastel colour villages of Manarola, Riomaggiore and Vernazza. If you get tired, just jump on the train for the rest of your day!
The enduring phrase ‘la dolce vita’ – or the good life – truly captures the essence of Italy. Spend 14 days discovering the heart of all things Italian on a culturally rich adventure from the piazzas of Rome to the canals of Venice. Tour the Tuscan countryside on a leisurely cycle along Lucca’s Serchio River, peer into Pisa and marvel at its Leaning Tower, take to the trails of the Cinque Terre for some stunning coastal views, and walk the Portofino Peninsula to be one with its glamourous residents. With time spent wine tasting in rural villages, ferry catching along Lake Como and relaxing among the vibrant centres of Milan and Venice, you’ll soon understand why Italy remains in the hearts of all who visit.
Rome / Florence
Florence / Lucca
Pisa / Lucca
Cinque Terre / La Spezia
Portofino Peninsula / Asti
Milan / Lake Como
- Hotel (13 nights)
- 7 Breakfasts
- Train , Private vehicle , Bicycle , Boat , Public bus , Metro
- An expert tour leader
- Lucca - Bicycle Tour
- Pisa - Half Day Trip to Pisa
- Cinque Terre - Day Trip, including Cinque Terre Pass
- Portofino Peninsula - Walk and Boat Ride
- Asti - Village Winery Visit & Wine Tasting
- Milan - Duomo Rooftop Visit
- Milan - Half Day Trip
- Lake Como - Ferry Pass
- Venice - Traghetto Boat Ride
- Any international flights to Rome and from Venice are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Italy tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 94+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Italy tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Italy tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Italy tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The primary means of transportation on this trip is by train. Train travel is a fast way to traverse long distances, allowing you to avoid traffic jams and arrive right into the city centre. Trains are comfortable and all have toilets; however, they can often be quite busy.
- Please note that we will store our bags at the railway station in Milan while exploring town. There is a limit of one bag per person for the lockers, so please make sure you pack accordingly. Please also note that you'll have to carry your own luggage on and off the trains, and up and down stairs at train stations and at hotels, so make sure it doesn’t exceed our weight and size recommendations. You can find this information in the 'What to Take' section of the Essential Trip Information. You may want to consider taking a backpack rather than a wheelie bag, however this is up to your personal preference and what you feel more comfortable with.
- Don’t let the heat keep you from exploring the world! Summer temperatures can be extreme in many of the regions visited (over 40°C), which can be uncomfortable. It’s important to use sun protection, wear layers to combat the heat and drink plenty of water. Many hotel rooms in Europe are not equipped with air-conditioning. Please carefully consider the time of the year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season.
- As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same sex. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can. If you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is available at an additional charge. Please ask your travel consultant for more details, and please note that in some hotels a single supplement exclusion applies where single rooms are not available. Hotel rooms in Europe can seem rather small by American or Australian standards and often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together. Please also note that often hotels offer shared bathrooms rather than ensuite facilities.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description