- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private and Group Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Paro exploding with colors and tradition.
- Guided city tour of the tiny capital Thimphu.
- Visit Punakha Dzong – the most beautiful monastery in Bhutan.
- Hike to Taktsang Monastery ‘Tiger’s Nest’ one of the most popular monasteries in Bhutan.
Basically, the tour circulates around the prominent cities of Bhutan like Paro, the tiny capital – Thimphu and the old kingdom – Punakha.
In Thimphu, you will visit its prime tourist attractions like King Memorial Chorten, Centenary Market, authentic craft bazaar and others.
The tour then proceeds to Punakha where the beautiful Punakha Dzong, one of the most impressive in Bhutan, is located. En-route, you will hike up to the Chimmi Lakhang, popularly known as the fertility temple dedicated to Drupka Kunley.
Concluding Punakha, the tour re-traces it’s way back to Paro where another important feature of the tour awaits i.e. hike up to the Taktsang Monastery (3,120m) or ‘Tiger’s Nest’ perched in a vertical cliff.
Best of Bhutan Tour is ideal for anyone who wishes to know more about this high Himalayan nation and get to know it’s ancient culture and traditions.
Our flight got delayed in Kolkata due to minor technical problem which got fixed in 3 hours. We reached Paro International Airport and realized we didn't ask for our tour guide's number as our flight was delayed for almost 3 hours. After a good 15 minutes browsing around, we found him - Namgay Tshering - and met our dedicated driver - Rinchen.
During 5 days in Bhutan, we explored tons of things about Bhutan, visited several historical and gorgeous Dzongs (fortresses), got to enjoy the Tshechu (festival) at Buddha point (the tallest Buddha statue in Bhutan), cycled uphill to see the Takin, trekked to see the Divine Mad Man's monastery and above all, hiked up to Tiger's Nest. Namgay and Rinchen were really professional and they made us feel like they were our friends. They were so punctual and had great attention to details. They took care of everything we asked for, flexibly changed the schedule due to weather change and came with us to all the destinations. I myself never went on tour as I was always the lone traveler and roamed across most of Asian countries. This was eventually the first organized tour in my life and I had to say I was really satisfied with it.
Namgay could communicate very well and I was surprised he was a bright student who got scholarship and studied in Darjeeling - India (yeah, you're right. That's where the name of the Darjeeling tea came from). He was super knowledgeable the history and religion of Bhutan. He even got each of us a set of books and Bhutanese key chain, which was a surprise to us, knowing it wasn't a part of the tour inclusivity. Namgay showed me a mirror of how each Bhutanese man lives, works and worships with a strong belief in Buddhism and a good sense of modernization. He was also an excellent hiker as he went all the way with us to the final point of Tiger's Nest while offering to carry our backpacks (great stamina!!!).
Rinchen, on the other hand, was very soft-spoken and he didn't speak much. But when he stayed behind the wheel, we all felt safe and sound although the roads in Bhutan were in poor conditions (very bumpy and majority was under construction). He maneuvered professionally through every sharp turn (you'll find lots of them in Bhutan) with great focus and dedication.
With only 5 days, we could only go around Paro - Thimphu - Punakha. The scenes were breathtaking. The food was amazing (tell me about Ema Datshi - the legendary spicy chilly cheese) and we got to taste different authentic local food every day. We also took hot stone bath and dinner at a local farm house and tried out archery for fun. The entire trip was filled with funs and great bonding between us and the crews. The price wasn't cheap with $250/ day during high season and the return Bangkok - Paro - Bangkok ticket costed us approximately $750 each. That was a high price to pay but well, for awesome experience, you certainly couldn't buy with a discount.
Would love to come back to Bhutan and of course, I am planning out a basecamp tour with Bharat very soon. I would highly recommend Breakfree Adventure to people who love outdoor, trekking, culture & sight-seeing at Nepal and Bhutan. And my sincere thanks to Bharat, Namgay and Rinchen who have made my Bhutan trip incredible and unforgettable.”
Day 1: Arrival Paro - Thimphu
Day 2: Thimphu - Punakha
Day 3: In Punakha
Day 4: Punakha - Paro
Day 5: In Paro - Sightseeing
Day 6: Paro - Hike to Tiger’s Nest Monastery
Day 7: Paro depart
- Tours Specified in the itinerary.
- Best hotel accommodations, “A” grade hotels (Government approved 3 stars and above)
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea/Coffee with snacks as and when required)
- All land transportation by private vehicle within Bhutan as per the itinerary.
- Services of experienced and English speaking guide (Government Licensed holder)
- Medical Facilities - Free (consulting doctors and medicine)
- Mineral water on long trips both on trek and cultural tours.
- Mineral water during all meals.
- Museum fees and other special entry fees.
- All necessary permits for entering Dzongs, Monasteries, Monuments and restricted areas.
- Visa and TDF fees.
- Government royalty, tax and fees.
- Service charge.
- Travel Insurance.
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Tips to guides and drivers.
- Save +US$ 59 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Our entire Bhutan tours are private journeys and tailor made programs suited for any independent travelers according to their chosen traveling dates. Should you wish the tour can be easily customized as per your interest and activities you wish to get involve in or spend more time in your places of interest. Contact us to customize this tour to your requirements. This tour can be undertaken all year round.