- 141 views
- ~ mins read
On the Caribbean coast lies Belize, one of the most serene, stunning and unspoiled spots on the entire planet. A country with beautiful white sand beaches, thick jungles, and cool blue seas, diving spots, reefs, animal safaris, and exotic beach resorts - basically everything an ideal vacation is supposed to have. Adventures await you in every single corner, provided you know when to visit Belize. After all, the perfect Caribbean vacation requires the best weather! Read on to find out what is the best time to visit Belize.
- High season: December - April
- Low season: June - October
- All seasons: November - May, June - October
- The months of March and April have the ideal temperature for those who want to scuba dive to see the Belize Barrier Reef, or the Great Blue Hole, as the visibility is quite high, and there is no rain.
- Most of the crowds hit Belize between December - January, and around Easter holidays. If you are not a fan of crowds, you should travel to Belize during the other summer months.
The best time to visit Belize is during the dry months between December and April. The dry season starts from November and goes on till May, but those two are the shoulder months, so the weather might be unpredictable (May might get too hot and humid, or November might still be too wet). The weather in Belize between the months of December to April is idyllic - it is warm, sunny, and ideal for those who want to escape the harsh winters of the northern hemisphere. All tourist attractions are open and in full swing during these months, so whether you want to party in Belize City, explore the laid back island of Caye Caulker, or go on a Mayan adventure in Caracol, this is the ideal time for you to do so. Just remember to pack enough sunscreen and your flip flops!
May and November are two months in which travel in Belize has unexpected benefits. These are the months leading into the off - season, so there will be fewer crowds. Since the high season has come to an end, there might be great discounts on accommodation and travel in the popular destinations in the month of May. Almost all the attractions and popular destinations will be open around this time, so you won’t have to worry about missing out on anything! In May, the rainfall will be limited to the afternoons, and the occasional thunderstorm at night. Since there are fewer crowds around this time, these would be the ideal months for those who want to visit popular tourist destinations like Ambergris Caye, Belize’s most popular beach destination. Even Caye Caulker will feel more free around this time.
November to May — Dry Season/Good Season
This is the best time to be in Belize. Enjoy continuous sunshine, and sparing rainfall throughout the season (except for November, where you can expect some mild showers in the afternoon, and later at night). April and May can be quite hot and humid, but the heat is off-set by the cool wind blowing in from the north, especially in the coastal area. For those who want to visit popular beach destinations like Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Tobacco Caye and Caye Caulker now is the ideal time. If you want to know when to visit Belize in order to go to the Belize Barrier Reef, the months of March and April are the best. Visibility is high, so you will have more fun diving into the Great Blue Hole!
- Avg. Temperature: 70 – 87° F / 21 – 31° C
- Rainfall: 43 – 177 mm
- Season: Summer
- Highlights: Belize offers a number of unique destinations for travelers who want to explore the unknown. The Mayan temples of Caracol and the Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary are two such places. Both require some amount of walking (you can take a five day trek to spot plants, birds, and even jaguars in the sanctuary), so they are best explored in the summer. Belize’s countless celebrations are also held in summer - from the Fiesta de Carnaval in San Pedro and Ambergris Caye (February), or the Garifuna Settlement Day in Dangrigra (November).
June to October — Wet Season/Low Season
It doesn’t rain in Belize, it pours. The monsoon and the hurricane season start at this time, so if you’re planning on traveling during these months, keep an eye out for hurricane warnings. The weather will still be hot, but the rains make the weather in Belize rather humid and unbearable. This is off-season, so the travel and accommodation prices will be highly discounted. A lot of destinations might be closed during this period, so plan your travels carefully.
- Avg. Temperature: 75 – 87° F / 24 – 31°C
- Rainfall: 177 – 240 mm
- Season: Monsoon
- Highlights: Between August and October, hurricane warnings are generally high, so if you don’t mind getting a little wet, you can visit Belize in June and July. The Belize Annual Lobster Fest happens in July - and if you’re a seafood fan, you definitely don’t want to miss the San Pedro Lobtoberfest, or the Placencia Lobstoberfest. San Pedro’s Costa Maya Festival takes place in August, and is a celebration of all things Belize, including musical events, dance, food, and much more!