- Rickshaw, cycle or local transport tour
- Getaways and short breaks
- Spiritual or religious tour
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- With so much going on in the chaotic capital of Delhi, a local leader is a must. Get to know the city with your leader helping you navigate.
- Have your expectations smashed by the spectacular Taj Mahal during a guided tour that illuminates the building’s fascinating back story.
- Spend sunrise along the holy Ganges River in Varanasi, watching thousands of Hindu pilgrims bathe in the water as the sun soaks everything in warm light.
- Tordi Garh is a place few travellers get to see, but you’ll stay in this rural Rajasthani village in style during a night at a 16thcentury palace.
Dive into India on this 11-day Lonely Planet Experience, powered by Intrepid, and discover a wide range of cultural highlights in a relatively short amount of time. From the spiritual centre of Varanasi to the chaotic capital of Delhi, this journey is perfect for travellers who want local guidance and unique included experiences without sacrificing the freedom to explore independently. Witness the beauty of the Taj Mahal, feel enlightened on a boat trip along the River Ganges, and get the royal treatment during a 16th-century heritage stay. Bring an open mind and an open heart and plunge headfirst into this utterly captivating destination.
Delhi - Overnight Train
Varanasi - Overnight Train
- Heritage Property (3 nights), Hotel (5 nights), Overnight sleeper train (2 nights)
- 1 Dinner
- Auto rickshaw , Cycle rickshaw , Metro , Overnight sleeper train , Train , Public bus , Private vehicle , Jeep
- An expert tour leader
- Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking tour
- Delhi - Jama Masjid
- Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple)
- Varanasi - Leader-led Old City walking tour
- Varanasi - Sunrise Ganges boat trip
- Agra - Taj Mahal
- Jaipur - Leader-led walking & market tour
- Jaipur - Amber Fort
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Indian Getaway tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 25+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Indian Getaway tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Indian Getaway tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Indian Getaway tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is a Lonely Planet Experience powered by Intrepid, made for travellers who value their independence but also want the benefit of a local leader and a group of like-minded travellers. The itinerary has a mix of included activities and free time where your leader will offer suggestions you can take or leave. Please budget spending money for optional activities.
- The regions visited on this trip can be extreme in temperature. It’s important to prepare for hot temperatures during the day and cooler climates in the evening. Rajasthan, in particular, can be very hot, especially in the summer. Light layers are the best way to tackle changeable weather.
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. For temple visits on this trip, you will need to wear clothes that cover the arms and pants or skirts that go past the knees.
- This trip involves some long train rides, including a couple of overnight trains. The train journey from Delhi to Varanasi is approximately 13 hours, while the trip from Varanasi to Agra takes 11 hours. Sleeper trains are clean and air-conditioned and a great way to travel long distances while still getting maximum time in each place. Beds are padded berths with sheets, pillow and blanket provided (although some people prefer to bring their own sleeping sheet). Please note that you may be sharing with locals of other genders. For your own security, take a lock for your hand luggage. Sleeper train journeys in and out of Varanasi can be subject to long delays because of weather conditions, including heavy rain or fog.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.