- City sightseeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- You've never seen true colour until you've been to a Mexican market. Practice your bargaining skills, snap some photos and pick up traditional handicrafts at the markets in Mexico City and Puebla.
- Eat your way through arty Oaxaca at its many market vendors and authentic restaurants – mole poblano and mezcal for dinner? Delicioso!
- Escape the Mexican heat in the highlands of San Cristobal de las Casas. This town is surrounded by indigenous villages where traditional customs and roots are thriving.
- Chichen Itza is one the New Seven Wonders of the World. It's not hard to see why – strolling around the ancient Maya ruins feels pretty wondrous.
- Cool off with a swim in the waters of Agua Azul, a series of waterfalls named for their stunning blue colour.
Explore the heart of Mexico's Aztec, Zapotec, Maya and Spanish cultures on this 15-day Lonely Planet Experience, powered by Intrepid. Discover ruins, visit pueblos and meet wonderful people on a tour that covers all the basics so you can get to exploring. Enjoy the relaxed shores of the Yucatan Peninsula, unravel the magnificent mystery of the ancient civilisations in Chichen Itza and immerse yourself in pre-Hispanic culture in San Cristobal de las Casas. With plenty of opportunities for swimming, snorkelling and hiking, this is the ideal introduction to one of Central America's most colourful and exciting destinations.
Day 1: Mexico City
Day 2: Mexico City
Day 3: Puebla
Day 4: Puebla
Day 5: Oaxaca
Day 6: Oaxaca
Day 7: Oaxaca / Overnight Bus
Day 8: San Cristobal de las Casas
Day 9: San Cristobal de las Casas
Day 10: Palenque
Day 11: Palenque Ruins / Merida
Day 12: Merida
Day 13: Merida
Day 14: Chichen Itza / Playa del Carmen
Day 15: Playa del Carmen
- Hotel (13 nights), Overnight bus (1 night)
- 1 Lunch
- Private vehicle , Public bus , Local bus , Overnight public bus , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Mexico City - Leader-led Taco Crawl
- Mexico City - Leader-led City Tour of Historic Center
- Puebla - Community Visit of San Pedro Tlahuac
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Puebla - Leader-led orientation walk
- Puebla - Visit to La Pasita Bar
- Oaxaca - Leader-led orientation walk
- San Cristobal de Las Casas - Leader-led City Tour
- San Juan Chamula - Maya Church (entrance fee)
- Zinacantan - Maya Church (entrance fee)
- Agua Azul - Waterfall Visit
- Palenque - Palenque Ruins (entrance fee)
- Merida - Leader-led orientation walk
- Chichen Itza - Archaeological site (entrance fee, no guide)
- Playa del Carmen - Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Any international flights to Mexico City and from Playa Del Carmen are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mexico Unplugged tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Save US$ 71 today.
- Earn US$ 47+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mexico Unplugged tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 June 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 June 2022, a deposit of 1 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mexico Unplugged tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mexico Unplugged tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip involves some long days of travel by private and local transport, including one overnight bus. While this can be tiring, it's also a fantastic way to rub shoulders with the locals and get under the skin of a place.
- Mexico's climate is sultry and tropical, so can get really hot and humid. Wear loose clothing and make sure you stay hydrated, especially while out on walking tours.
- Try to learn as many Spanish words as you can before the trip. In many of the destinations we visit, local people are reserved and/or do not speak English. Attempting to communicate in Spanish is a great way of showing you care.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Alternate Joining point description
Alternate Joining point instructions