- Rickshaw, cycle or local transport tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Shopping and Markets
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 22 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3344
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Travel into the Thar Desert, spending a memorable evening eating Rajasthani food under the stars in a camp set among sand dunes.
- Cut through the chaos of Jodhpur’s Sadar Bazaar with your knowledgeable local leader, haggling for handicrafts and sipping some of the best lassi in town.
- Snap incredible photos of the immense Chand Baori, a grand ninth-century stepwell in rural Abhaneri that extends over 20 metres into the earth.
- Explore the centre of India’s spiritual heart – Varanasi – on a guided walking tour through the alleyways of the Old Town right to the bank of the Ganges.
- India can be intimidating, but with your local leader there the whole way, you’ll be dodging cows, navigating market stalls, and eating from the best chaat stalls in Delhi in no time.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Positive Change for Marine Life. Donations help them to nurture ocean health with community-led conservation initiatives that inspire coastal restoration, sustainable fishing practices and waste-management.
- Show more
Embark on a 22-day odyssey through India’s intoxicating north. Discover sights, smells, and flavours that will blaze their way into your memory and stay there forever. See towering sandstone fortresses, pilgrims praying on riverbanks, Maharajah mementos in a ghostly palace, and silhouettes on a desert landscape. India can be a daunting place at times, even for experienced travellers, but with the guidance of your local leader, you’ll be navigating the crowds, dodging the cows and eating the best chaat from a cart in no time! From the beating heart of Delhi to the holy city of Varanasi – this is north India.
Day 1: Delhi
Day 2: Delhi – Overnight Train
Day 3: Thar Desert
Day 4: Jaisalmer
Day 5: Jaisalmer
Day 6: Jodhpur
Day 7: Jodhpur
Day 8: Udaipur
Day 9: Udaipur
Day 10: Udaipur
Day 11: Pushkar
Day 12: Pushkar
Day 13: Jaipur
Day 14: Jaipur
Day 15: Abhaneri
Day 16: Fatehpur Sikri – Agra
Day 17: Agra – Overnight Train
Day 18: Varanasi
Day 19: Varanasi
Day 20: Varanasi – Overnight Train
Day 21: Delhi
Day 22: Delhi
- Camping (with basic facilities) (1 night), Hotel/Guesthouse (17 nights), Overnight sleeper train (3 nights)
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Dinners
- Overnight sleeper train , Train , Private vehicle , Public bus , Metro , Auto rickshaw , Cycle rickshaw , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour
- Delhi - Visit to the Jama Masjid Mosque
- Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple)
- Jaisalmer - Leader-led walking tour
- Thar Desert - Overnight Desert Camp
- Jodhpur - Leader-led walking tour
- Udaipur - Leader-led walking tour
- Pushkar - Leader-led walking tour
- Jaipur - Leader-led walking & market tour
- Abhaneri - Chand Baori stepwell
- Varanasi - Leader-led Old City walking tour
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this North India Revealed tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 32+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this North India Revealed tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 February 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
North India Revealed tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this North India Revealed tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- This is a trip made for travellers who value their independence but also want the benefit of a local leader and a group of like-minded travellers. The itinerary has a mix of included activities and free time when your leader will offer suggestions. Please budget spending money for optional activities you want to partake in.
- In order to see as much as possible in this vast country, this trip involves some very long bus and train journeys, including a 19-hour overnight train from Delhi to Jaisalmer and a 15-hour overnight train from Varanasi to Delhi. These trips can be tiring but offer a quintessential Indian experience.
- Overnight trains feature padded berths with sheets, a pillow, and a blanket provided (although some people prefer to bring their own sleeping sheet). Please note that you may be sharing with locals of the same or opposite gender. More information can be found in the ‘Transport’ section of the Essential Trip Information or at https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/india-trains-guide.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.