Germany is home to an array of beautiful monuments and breathtaking natural beauty. The seamless mixture of history and modernity, the fantasy castles of medieval villages, and the multicultural influences make this country one of Europe’s most sought-after travel destinations. Here is our Germany travel guide covering all the essential information that you will need to know before traveling to the country. In a few clicks, find out about the popular tourist attractions in Germany , how many days to spend, if you are planning to travel to Germany.
When choosing where to go and what to see, with some research on our travel guide page, your trip to this magnificent land should be a breeze. Discover the famous hiking trails in Germany, the things to do in Munich, the 10 best cities to visit in Germany, and many more activities and destinations.
Top Destinations in Germany
Discover the highlights of Germany.
Immerse Yourself in Berlin's Captivating Sights
Germany's largest city and capital, Berlin, is renowned for its art and culture scene. Explore the Berlin State Museums, which house works of art from all over the world, and make your way to Tiergarten park to unwind with a cool beverage in one of its numerous beer gardens. To complete your vacation, visit the Brandenburg Gate and Charlottenburg Palace. View Tours
Learn About the Culture in Munich
Embark on an exciting cultural journey in Munich! Dive into the dynamic world of Bavarian traditions, taste the hearty delights of local cuisine, dance to the lively beats of traditional music, and immerse yourself in captivating museums and art galleries that unveil the city's captivating heritage. Experience lively festivals like Oktoberfest, and witness the architectural marvels that showcase the city's historical and artistic heritage. View Tours
Uncover the Treasures of Nuremberg
Nuremberg, the second-largest city in Bavaria, is a welcoming and pleasant destination for a vacation. Marvel at the grandeur of Nuremberg Castle, delve into the whimsical wonders of the Toy Museum, and bask in the divine beauty of the Saint-Sebald Church.Take a multi-day tour in Germany and stroll across the famous Hauptmarkt market and the Nuremberg State Theatre. Prepare for a mesmerizing exploration of history and culture. View Tours
What to do in Germany
Top Things to do in Germany.
Top 10 Things To Do in Munich
Munich undoubtedly ranks as one of Europe’s most intriguing destinations. It presents a fascinating contrast of history and modernity and is a place where proud traditions are juxtaposed with a forward-looking outlook, making it one of Europe’ ...Read more
Rheinsteig Hiking Trail: The Ultimate Guide
One of the most rewarding hikes in Germany, the Rheinsteig trail is a 320-kilometre-long route that stretches from Bonn to Wiesbaden. Most of it is elevated, running alongside the beautiful River Rhine. The landscape is rich and diverse, featuring lusciou ...Read more
Eifelsteig Hiking Trail: All You Need to Know
The Eifelsteig hiking trail in Germany travels a distance of 313 km, along which it successfully manages to pack in the very best of German landscape of the Eifel mountains. Stretching from the rustic city of Aachen in the north to the Roman town of Trier ...Read more
When to visit Germany
Read the below travel guides to find the best time to visit Germany.
Germany in December: Weather, Tips & Christmas Market
December is one of the most exciting months to visit Germany. It is the festival season. Colorful decorations and Christmas markets line the streets. While the chilly weather and shorter days may limit outdoor adventure options, you will still find more t ...Read more
Germany in April: Weather, Tips & More
Spring weather, clear blue skies, and flowers blooming everywhere—what is not to like about Germany in April? The whole country perks up after the lull of winter and gets ready for the incoming tourist season, which does not quite start until May. T ...Read more
Germany in July: Weather, Tips & Wine Tasting
Summer is in full swing in Germany in July. Days are warmer and the sky clearer, an ideal setting to go check out the many attractions and partake in outdoor activities. From the vibrant capital city of Berlin and the historic town of Munich to the cultur ...Read more
How long to stay in Germany
Read about the ideal duration to stay in Germany.
10 days in Germany: Top 2 Recommendations
Grand palaces, fairy tale castles, medieval old towns, and quaint villages where time seems to standstill. Despite being one of the most developed countries in the world, Germany’s heart, it seems, still resides in the past. Add to this an abundance ...Read more
1 week in Germany: Top 2 Recommendations
Be it the monumental Brandenburg Gate in Berlin or Cologne Cathedral, the most impressive landmark of the eponymous city, explore Germany which is home to an array of monuments worth discovering. In addition to this, the country is also home to stunning n ...Read more
Great Germany Itineraries: How Many Days to Spend?
Home to mesmerizing vineyards, diverse landscapes, and a network of trails with excellent waymarkers, Germany is one of Europe's most sought-after travel destinations. There is a lot to see in this magnificent country, from the fantasy castles of Bavaria ...Read more
FAQs for Germany
Read the most frequently asked questions and answer about traveling to Germany below.
- Do I need a visa to travel to Germany?
- What is the best time to visit Germany?
- What language is spoken in Germany?
- Are credit cards widely accepted in Germany?
- Is Germany expensive?
Sustainable Travel – How to travel through Germany responsibly
In line with Bookmundi's vision, we wish to provide our travelers with a sustainable travel experience through Cambodia. As part of this effort, we carbon offset any Cambodia tour that you purchase through us. You can read more details about our carbon offsetting program.
Here's what you can do to travel to Germany more responsibly:
- Carbon-offset your trip to Germany via Atmosfair. The moment your tour starts in Germany, and if you have purchased your tour through Bookmundi, we will carbon-offset your tour from its starting point to its ending point.
- Donate a small amount to ForumZFD, a nonprofit that carbon-offsets emissions from airplanes, cruise ships, long-distance buses, and events.
- In Germany, recycling has practically become ingrained in society, and bins for recycling are frequently found in front of stores. You can leave your bottles and get a reimbursement of up to 25 cents, the exact amount you will have to pay when buying plastic bags from food stores.
Germany Travel Tips and Insights
- Even during the height of summer, Germany can be cool. So, if you are traveling there in the winter, pack a coat, gloves, and a hat. Furthermore, Germany is a walkable nation, so bring sturdy sneakers or walking shoes.
- When dining in restaurants in Germany, if you ask for water, there are chances that you will be served carbonated water for which you must pay. You can ask for tap water if you are not planning to pay.
- Germans are known to be quiet and reserved, especially in public. Being loud or disruptive in a cafe, restaurant, or store is impolite. Also, remember to take your shoes off before entering a home, as Germans take hygiene seriously.
- Germany has a well-developed and highly effective public transportation system. The train is typically the quickest and most effective mode of transport to get around a city. In most situations, your train ticket will also be good for the bus, so you will not need to buy a separate ticket.
- Germany trips
- Germany budget tours
- Eco tours in Germany
- Germany guided tours
- Germany family tour packages
- Germany honeymoon packages
- Germany luxury tours
- Germany private tours
- Germany romantic holidays
- Germany self-guided tours
- Germany solo trips
- Germany tailor-made vacation packages
- Germany tours for senior citizens
- Germany tours for young adults
- Germany group tours
- Germany last minute deals
- Germany travel deals
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- City sightseeing
- Bicycle tours
- Christmas markets
- Food tours
- Walking tours
- River cruise
- Festivals and events
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Shopping and Markets
- Museum and gallery visits
- Party and nightlife
- Sightseeing, attractions, culture and history
- Danube river cruise