Melbourne — Tour Highlights and Travel Tips
- Watching the Melbourne skyline from the St.Kilda pier, especially during sunset, should be the highlight of any Australia trip.
- The Royal Botanical Gardens are a breath of fresh air in the city, and a fine example of Victorian influence.
- Sports fans need to take a visit to Melbourne Cricket Ground, one of the most famous sporting venues in the world.
- A trip to Melbourne Zoo is a guilt-free experience, as it is the world’s first zoo to become completely carbon-neutral.
- Art lovers should head to Hosier Lane, a well-known spot for street art.
- Chinatown is home to a myriad of authentic asian cuisines to took into.
- Federation Square is a great point to acquaint yourself with Melbourne’s landmarks, explore the cultural offerings and catch a free event or two.
- Peruse the biggest open-air market in the southern hemisphere at the Queen Victoria Market.
- Get yourself a Myki travel card which is reloadable.
- Taxis are expensive, so avoid them if possible.
- There’s a free tram service within the Central Business District and there’s also a free tourist shuttle bus around the city.
- The best time to visit Melbourne is in the autumn from March to May.