- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy a scenic drive along the Mekong River
- Explore upper & lower Pak Ou caves
- Relax at Kuang Si waterfall & visit an Asiatic bear rescue centre
- Meet the animals at Laos' first dairy
Meet your tour guide at our sales office early in the morning for a forty-minute drive to Pak Ou Village where you are free to explore the many crafts that the locals make before crossing the mighty Mekong River by a small boat to the base of a limestone cliff, the site of the Pak Ou Caves. Take your time to explore the impressive lower grottos filled with Buddhist statues and scented with burning incense. Grab a flashlight and head up through a winding series of stairs to find another fascinating and easily navigable cave filled with ancient Buddhist relics.
Enjoy your lunch before crossing the Mekong again by boat and continue with a drive downriver for one and a half hours to the famous Kuang Si Waterfall. On the way, we’ll stop to see the popular Whiskey Village where you have the option to sample the locally made Lao Lao.
The jungle around the waterfall remains lush and beautiful year-round. The waterfall cycles between placid, turquoise waters during the dry season to impressive, roaring falls during the rainy season. Either way, you’re in for a refreshing and beautiful nature experience. Integrated into the landscape is an Asiatic bear sanctuary where you can see these beautiful creatures up close and support efforts to care for the animals in the area.
Visit the new Lao Buffalo Dairy that produces cheese and a range of delicious dairy products. The diary provides income and a sustainable future for the people involved. Learn how to milk a buffalo and cuddle them for the perfect selfie. You also have the option to try some of their incredible ice cream. The buffalo may be the star of the show but the playful pigs, chickens and cute rabbits are also plenty of fun for the young and young at heart!
We’ll end this full-day trip with a return drive to Luang Prabang late in the afternoon.
Please note that the stairs in the lower Pak Ou Cave are short but steep. Access to the upper cave is via a fairly long series of stairs and can be taken at your own pace.
The Pak Ou Cave and Kuang Si Waterfall lie to the north and south of Luang Prabang city, respectively. This tour will take you to both these highlights, with a scenic drive up and down the length of the Mekong River between.
- An English-speaking tour guide
- Lunch & drinking water
- All transportation during the tour & boat fees
- All entrance fees, taxes, & licenses
- Specialty drinks and snacks
- Tips for the tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationNote that the stairs are short but steep into the lower Pak Ou Cave containing the thousands of Buddhist statues. Access to the upper cave is via a fairly long series of stairs and can be taken at your own pace.