- Countryside and village visits
- Local boat rides
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hike through mountain jungle
- Encounter authentic daily life in the villages
- Relax and soak in Tad Sae Waterfalls after a day of hiking (rainy season only)
- Enjoy a scenic ride on the Nam Khan River
Start with a morning transfer 25 minutes out of town to our Tiger Trail Adventure Camp. Cross the Nam Khan River by boat to the trail-head and begin our day hike through rice paddies and middle canopy. Our first stop will be a Khmu village named Ban Houay Fai, where the local children are likely to greet you with curiosity and smiles. Your guide will introduce you to the local life and customs.
Continue along ridges, limestone grottos and rocky slopes for lunch at Ban Tinpha, a Hmong village from which this trail gets its name. Mountains and valleys offer many opportunities to experience a variety of flora and fauna. Stop, look, listen and ask your guide about the life teeming around you. Weave your way through paddies and countryside. Chat with villagers and ask questions about life in Laos.
End in the riverside village, Ban Houay Yen. Our boat will be waiting to take you down a beautiful stretch of the Nam Khan with a stop at the Tad Sae Waterfall. Relax and soak in Tad Sae Falls after a day of trekking before returning by boat and vehicle to Luang Prabang.
The total trek is about 12 km, taking 4-5 hours through deciduous forest and farmland.
Please note: During the low water season (February to July), the Tad Sae Waterfall can be very low or dry and may be omitted.
- English speaking licensed guides
- Tuk Tuk and Motorboat
- Drinking water
- Meal(s) mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Village fund by Fair Trek
- Additional meals and drinks
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationThe total trek is about 12 km, taking 4-5 hours through deciduous forest and farmland.