- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover the iconic Machu Picchu by train with guided tourHomestay on traditional Amantani Island, Lake TiticacaSee Colca Canyon and its soaring condorsWander through the colonial city of Arequipa and the Santa Catalina ConventDrive deep into the Andean highlands and the Apurimac Valley
A spectacular journey through Peru's varied landscape encompassing coastal desert, snow-capped Andean peaks, the high altiplano and lush cloud forest. The most famous sites are all visited including the mysterious Nazca Lines, awe-inspiring Machu Picchu in its incredible mountaintop setting, Lake Titicaca, where the night is spent in an island homestay, and the remarkable 3000m deep Colca Canyon. On the way we encounter traditional culture, condors, llamas, and a warm welcome from the Peruvian people.The 18 June departures in 2019 and 2020 coincide with Inti Raymi Festival in Cuzco. Translated as 'Festival of the Sun' it is the most important of all Andean festivals; during this time Cuzco is filled with colourful processions and festivities. For full details on this itinerary, search for trip code APDA.
Day 1: Start Lima.
Day 2: Drive south along the coast and sail to the Ballestas Islands, home to the
highest concentration of marine birds in the world; overnight in Ica.
Day 3: On to Nazca; see the Nazca lines; optional scenic flight.
Day 4: Turn inland from coastal desert, climbing high into the Andes.
Day 5: Drive to Cuzco (3400m) visiting Inca sites on the way.
Day 6: Free day to explore Cuzco.
Day 7: Train to Aguas Calientes; tour of Machu Picchu.
Day 8: Free morning or optional second visit to Machu Picchu; afternoon return to
Cuzco by train and by road.
Day 9: Free day for optional excursions.
Day 10: Drive to Lake Titicaca (3800m), with stops en route; boat to Amantani Island
Day 11: Explore the island; afternoon boat to Puno visiting the floating reed
Day 12: Drive across the altiplano to Colca Canyon.
Day 13: Morning condor viewing; afternoon drive past huge volcanoes to the 'White
City' of Arequipa (2350m).
Day 14: Morning visit Santa Catalina Convent; afternoon fly to Lima.
Day 15: End Lima.
- 13 nights en suite hotels and 1 night homestay Group normally 5 to 18, plus leader. Min. age 16 yrsTime spent at altitudeTravel by internal flight, train, boat and private busSeveral long drives and early starts ,All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinnerAll accommodation All transport and listed activitiesTour leader throughout (if booking incl. flights)Arrival and departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from Lima are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Essential Peru tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 177 today.
- Earn US$ 118+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essential Peru tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 September 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Essential Peru tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essential Peru tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.