- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Orangutan spotting
- Mulu N.P. with the impressive Deer Cave bat exodus
- River cruising in Kinabatangan
- Luxury jungle lodge in Danum Valley
Borneo is home to some of the most diverse and beautiful wildlife in the whole of South East Asia. Starting with a visit to majestic Mt Kinabalu, we then continue to one of the trip highlights - the pristine Danum Valley. A nature lover's paradise, whose beauty and animals are equalled only by Sarawak and the World Heritage Mulu National Park with its immense cave system and the oldest rainforest in the world. We come face to face with Orang-utans at the Sepilok sanctuary, stay at a bamboo longhouse in Sabah on a tea plantation, and finish the trip in the historic port town of Sandakan.
Day trip to Bako N.P. famous for Proboscis monkeys
Fly to Mulu N.P.; sunset walk to Deer Cave for bat exodus
Full day exploring Mulu N.P.
Early rise for dawn chorus in Mulu; fly to Kota Kinabalu
Free day; optional snorkelling and island trip, wetland birdwatching or
To Kinabalu N.P.; visit Sabah Tea Plantation
Visit Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary en route to Sepilok
Visit Sepilok Orang-utan Sanctuary; optional visit to Bornean Sun Bear
To Gomantong Caves; onto Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary
Wildlife cruises on Kinabatangan River and forest walks
To Danum Valley Conservation Centre; jungle walk and nocturnal safari
Full day guided walk in Danum Valley
Transfer to Sandakan
- 13 nights comfortable/standard hotels and lodges- all en suite, 1 night basic longhouse with shared facilities , All accommodation
- 14 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners
- Travel by minibus, 4WD and boat
- Two internal flights
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Visit remote wild areas
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Kuching and from Sandakan are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Borneo Wildlife Discoverer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 170+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Borneo Wildlife Discoverer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 485 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 23 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Borneo Wildlife Discoverer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Borneo Wildlife Discoverer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.