- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-35865
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- With your gorilla permit included in the price of the trip, spend a day trekking (with an optional second) through Bwindi Impenetrable Forest to get close to Uganda's rare mountain gorillas for an unforgettable hour.
- Wake up to spectacular views of the forest canopy during a three-night stay at our feature stay, the Gorilla Heights Lodge in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Join an intimate fireside chat with a field veterinarian from The Gorilla Doctors and discover how they are saving the species one gorilla patient at a time.
- Take a closer look at Rwanda’s devastating history and the resilience of its people during a two-night stay at Kigali’s Hotel des Mille Collines, which famously sheltered more than 1000 people during the Genocide, plus visits to the Ntarama Church, the Nyamata Genocide Memorial Centre and the Genocide Museum
- Sit down to dinner with a local park ranger, learning about life in the wilderness and their special relationships with the mountain gorillas. This is one dinner conversation you've likely never had before!
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Gorilla Doctors. Donations help them care for injured mountain and Grauer's gorillas – contributing to the long-term sustainability of gorilla populations.
- Show more
Come face to face with heartbreaking history and incredible wildlife on a 6-day Premium journey through Rwanda and Uganda. See sombre reminders of Kigali’s devastating past, watch local life play out on the streets and witness a beautiful country that's continuously striving to move forward. Enter the world of rare mountain gorillas in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and spend a day tracking and observing these endearing creatures. This soul-stirring adventure won’t soon be forgotten.
Day 1: Kigali
Day 2: Kigali
Day 3: Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Day 4: Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Day 5: Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Day 6: Kigali
- Hotel (2 night), Feature Stay Eco-Lodge (3 nights)
- 5 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- 4WD vehicle , Private Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Kigali - Welcome Dinner
- Kigali - Genocide Memorial Centre
- Kigali - City Tour
- Kigali - Traditional Ugandan Lunch
- Bwindi - Gorilla Doctors Veterinarian Educational Talk
- Bwindi National Park - Mountain Gorilla Permit & Trek
- Any international flights to/from Kigali are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Premium Rwanda & Gorillas of Uganda tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 210+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Premium Rwanda & Gorillas of Uganda tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 April 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Premium Rwanda & Gorillas of Uganda tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Premium Rwanda & Gorillas of Uganda tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- Tracking gorillas in the dense forest can sometimes be wet, humid, muddy and uncomfortable. The terrain is by no means easy either, so it can be pretty strenuous walking. You need to be prepared and fit enough to walk up to 4 hours up and down hills (perhaps pack some gardening gloves to assist in any up-hill climbs). But the sheer thrill of coming across a habituated group of gorillas, dominated by a great male silverback, more than outweighs any difficulty.
- The gorilla trek is a shared activity. You may be split into different groups according to fitness level, and be accompanied by other travellers on your trek. However there will only be a maximum of 8 people per gorilla family, plus a local Uganda Wildlife Ranger and trackers.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.