- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Small group
- max group size 14
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Experience the Tibetan cultural capital of Lhasa.
- Witness monks in debate and prayer.
- Explore rural villages and lunar landscapes.
- Reach 5000m and a mere 7km below Everest Base Camp
From the sacred peaks of Tibet to lush green Nepalese valleys, explore overland the best of the Himalayas on this two-week tour. Discover mighty temples and small outposts on a journey that offers incredible vistas at every turn of the trail. Our expert Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) will take the hassle out of planning and help you find the secluded spots only the locals know — and leave you with time to explore. In the thin mountain air of Rongbuk, the highest monastery in the world, you'll enjoy unparalleled views of Mt Everest. So make sure your camera is charged — you're going to need it.
Fubky, cool country aided by an exceptional guide and great group”
Day 1: Kathmandu
Day 2: Kathmandu
Day 3: Kathmandu/Panauti
Day 4: Panauti/Lhasa
Day 5: Lhasa
Day 6: Lhasa
Day 7: Lhasa/Gyantse
Day 8: Gyantse/Xêgar
Day 9: Xêgar/Rongpu Si
Day 10: Rongpu Si/Shigatse
Day 11: Shigatse
Day 12: Shigatse/Lhasa
Day 13: Lhasa/Kathmandu
Day 14: Kathmandu
- Hotels/guesthouses (12 nts), very basic guesthouse (1 nt, limited facilities).
1 lunch, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD375-490 for meals not included.
- Plane, local bus, air-conditioned bus, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Sisterhood of Survivors Project
- Your G for Good Moment: Panauti Homestay
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Local Living Moment: Rongbuk Monastery Guesthouse
- Rongpu Si
- Kathmandu orientation walk
- Lhasa orientation walk
- Potala Palace entrance
- Sera Monastery visit
- Jokhang Temple entrance
- Pelkor Chode
- Gyantse Kunbum
- and Tashilhunpo Monastery visits
- Everest Base Camp entrance and hike
- Border crossing support
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this High Road to Tibet tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 170 today.
- Earn US$ 113+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this High Road to Tibet tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 March 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
High Road to Tibet tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this High Road to Tibet tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
minimum 12 years oldDoes this trip suit me?
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?