- duration 3 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Fully guided
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Close up views of Chimpanzees and Colobus Monkeys, and if lucky, Mountain Gorillas
- Visit a true African Jungle with dense undergrowth and vegetation
A trip to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is a dream for every person who loves adventure, it's a true African Jungle. It is so called because the dense undergrowth, vines and other vegetation make it almost 'impenetrable'.
It's mysterious and awesome. The lowland rain-forest and montane forest vegetation constantly struggles to reach heights that will allow it to receive more light.
Huge trees are festooned with creepers and parasitic plants such as mistletoe and orchids. Giant thickets of bamboo thrive in the humid atmosphere and, where sunlight breaks through, the elegant heliconia, or lobster claw, spreads its colorful petals.
Amongst the dense vegetation the Colobus Monkeys jump from branch to branch, chattering its warning to its fellows hidden by the foliage. Chimpanzees, in families of 20 or 30, make the rounds, searching for fruit and edible plants.
Many species of birds can be seen, including various turacos and a great many birds of prey.
The forest is sanctuary for almost half the world's population of mountain gorillas(about 330 of 600), which is the rarest race of gorilla.
Established as a safe habitat for several families of mountain gorillas it is now the location of an important scientific conservation programme.
Gorilla tracking visits are limited to small groups.
As you walk among the shadows of the leafy canopy, this rain-forest reveals the smells and sounds of Africa, just as it has been for centuries.
Day 1: Travel from hotel to Bwindi
Day 2: Breakfast and a briefing by a ranger proceed to track
Day 3: Transfer from Bwindi to the Airport via Kampala
- Gorilla tracking permit
- Car hire services plus fuel
- Driver and guide's allowance
- Accommodation and meals
- Airport transfers
- Park fees
- Earn US$ 52+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationGorilla trekking trip is not allowed to children bellow the age of 15