- Game Drives in the Selous Game Reserve
- Boat Safari in Rufiji River
- Walking safari in the Selous Game Reserve
The tour starts and ends in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania and you will stay in Selous River Camp in a mudhut accommodation.
We promise you a fantastic safari, wonderful surroundings, a great guide, and breathtaking views of our Mother Planet.
Pick up from Dar es Salaam and arrive for lunch, or if arriving late then just light refreshments. Nestled within woodland along the banks of the great Rufiji River lies Selous River Camp, an enchanting safari camp tucked into the untamed African bush adjacent to the vast, unfenced Selous Game Reserve.
Sunset cruise on our comfortable river boat, looking at hippos, crocodiles and birds, and enjoying the spectacular sunset over this enormous river.
After breakfast full day game drive in a specially modified safari vehicle with a professional guide, in which you should see and learn much about a large number of animals, including all the great favorites – lion, elephant, giraffe, buffalo, zebra – and all the other major species including the now rare African hunting dog. Great variety of bird species. Wonderful scenery, with varied topography: wetlands, dry grassland, light acacia forest and higher ground with long views to far-off mountains.
Packed lunch and time to rest. Your guide will select a location with shade and water nearby to watch animals coming to drink – a place with a clear view all round so that no predator can creep up unseen! Back to the lodge by 6.30 for sunset and dinner when you’re ready.
Up early for a walk through the bush and along the riverbank to learn about the local environment. Back after the walk for breakfast, and then departure for Dar Es Salaam.
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (on all days)
- All accommodation (unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Accommodation in Dar Es Salaam on the day before the tour departs
- International flights (from/to home)
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
Cancellations are sometimes unavoidable but please note that all hotels and lodges have cancellation policies to protect themselves against lost business.
Less than 30 days: 100% of invoiced amount
Between 60 days and 30 days: 50% of invoiced
More than 60 days: 20% of the invoice amount"