- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 36
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Chennai: The capital of Tamil Nadu is considered the most important cultural and economic center of southern India
- Mahabalipuram: The sandcolored temples of this area are on the Unesco World Heritage list and represent a glorious past of the Pallava dynasty
- Thanjavur: Visit the best example of Chola architecture in Tamil Nadu with the Brihadeshwara temple on the outskirts of Thanjavur
- Madurai: The great Hindu temple of Meenakshi and its more than 30,000 figures
Join this elen-day tour and discover the mysteries of some of the India Dravid´s most enigmatic cities. Get the first insight into the Indian vibrant culture and delightful food in the charming capital of Tamil Nadu, Chennai. Admire the “City of Thousands of Temples”, Kachipuram, located on the voluptuous banks of the river Vegavathy and get amazed by the astonishing architecture of The Great Living Chola Temples in Darasurum. Be taught about the glorious history of Madurai, one of the ancient cities of South India and get to know the mythology and legends of the Minakshi-Sundareshwara Temple. This trip will fill all your senses and will leave great memories for the lifetime.
Day 1: Arrival Chennai
Day 2: Chennai
Day 3: Chennai – Kanchipuram – Mahabalipuram (60 Km – 1 H)
Day 4: Mahabalipuram – Chidambaram - Darasuram - Thanjavur (270 Km – 6 Hrs)
Day 5: Thanjavur – Trichy – Thanjavur (60 Km - 2 Hrs)
Day 6: Thanjavur – Madurai (200 Km – 5.5 Hrs)
Day 7: Madurai – Periyar (145 Km – 4 Hrs)
Day 8: Periyar – Alleppey (150 Km – 5 Hrs)
Day 9: Alleppey – Kochi (60 Km – 1.5 Hrs)
Day 10: Kochi
Day 11: Depart Kochi
- 10 nights accommodation
- 10 Breakfasts
- 1 Lunch (Day 8)
- 1 Dinner (Day 8)
- ***Half Board supplement upon additional cost as an optional extra (10 Breakfasts, 9 Dinners)
- ***Full Board supplement upon additional cost as an optional extra: (10 Breakfasts,9 Lunches, and 9 Dinners)
- Arrival transfer from Chennai International Airport to the hotel
- Departure transfer from the hotel to Kochi International Airport
- Air-conditioned transportation on a shared basis
- Operated with accompanied English or Spanish-speaking guide
- All monuments and parks as indicated: Government museum and fort in Chennai, Temples of Mahabalipuram, temples, and palace in Madurai, a sanctuary in Periyar, palace / Srirangapatnam in Mysore
- Meet & Greet on day 1
- Porterage only in the airport
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks, and meals if not stated explicitly in the program
- Optional excursions
- Any airfare, airport taxes, a supplement for which are quoted separately if applicable
- Tips to drivers, local guides, and hotel staff
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees.
- Any service not listed above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 46+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this India Dravida tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 May 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
India Dravida tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this India Dravida tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.