- Bicycle tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle along Sardinia’s unspoilt southwestern coast
- Explore fascinating archaeological sites and picturesque fishing villages
- Enjoy Sardinian warm hospitality and delicious cuisine
- Relax on Sardinia's stunning beaches
Often referred to as the 'land of silence', Sardinia is a place of outstanding natural beauty, with its crystal-clear sea, limestone ridges and deep gorges. During the week we ride across the wild and pristine southwestern part of the region, passing abandoned mines, ancient ruins and gleaming white beaches. The route starts with a circular ride through the fascinating Sinis wetlands, home to colonies of pink flamingos, then moves on to the spectacular Costa Verde (Green Coast) named for its abundance and variety of Mediterranean vegetation. After cycling past the ancient mines of Ingurtosu and Planusartu, we reach the beautiful beach of Portixeddu where the impressive Pan di Zucchero white cliff towers out of the emerald waters. We then board a local ferry to the fishing village of Carloforte and explore the delightful isle of Sant'Antioco before crossing to the mainland, where we conclude a week of wonderful cycling pedalling across the rolling hills of the stunning Costa del Sud, with its white beaches, coastal pools and imposing high cliffs. Having built a good appetite, you will have plenty of opportunities to sample Sardinia's unique, mouth-watering cuisine: the perfect mix for a great week of cycling! *Temporary changes due to COVID-security measures.**Last updated: 16th October 2020*At Exodus, we acknowledge our responsibility to have the most up to date information on anything that will affect our customers on holiday and to communicate this to our customers as effectively as possible.Our general global COVID security measures are described in our Travel">https://www.exodus.co.uk/travel-safety-charter">TravelSafety Charter, and changes will be made to these measures as required by the global pandemic situation.However, we also expect there to be requirements, measures and sometimes itinerary changes that apply to certain trips only, and may well be temporary measures. We have highlighted all known changes in the section below.*Entry requirements.*For all trips, having the correct documentation and visa, if required, remains the customer’s responsibility based on their own nationality. We, therefore, encourage all travellers to check entry requirements using the travel advice of their home nation for the relevant destination. For UK passport holders that is https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-adviceThe">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-tra... Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) currently advises against all non-essential travel to Italy. Information on local restrictions will be provided and updated in 2021, closer to the time when trips be operational again
Day 1: Start Cabras.
Day 2: Ride through the Sinis wetlands to the white quartz beach of Is Arutas and
the Phoenician site of Tharros.
Day 3: Cycle along the Costa Verde and on to Piscinas beach.
Day 4: Cycle past abandoned mines, the golden beach of Portixeddu and the white sea
stack of Pan di Zucchero; continue to the former mining village of Nebida.
Day 5: Descend to Fontanamare; board the ferry to the fishing village of Carloforte.
Day 6: Cycle through the meadows of Sant'Antioco; visit the Romanesque Pisan
sanctuary and ride along the quiet country lanes of Sulcis.
Day 7: Pedal across the rolling hills of the Costa del Sud; climb up to the high
point of Cape Malfatano for views of the coast; transfer and overnight in
Day 8: End Cagliari.
- 7 nights in comfortable 3-star hotels and agriturismos , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 2 dinners
- 6 days cycling with full vehicle support
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 90% tarmac, 10% easy gravel roads
- Group normally 6 to 16, plus leaders. Min age 16 years
- Mix of easy riding and climbs from the coast
- Tour leader throughout
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Cabras and from Cagliari are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling in Sardinia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 76+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycling in Sardinia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 June 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycling in Sardinia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling in Sardinia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.