- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- Cycle along Sardinia’s unspoilt southwestern coast
- Explore fascinating archaeological sites and picturesque fishing villages
- Enjoy Sardinian warm hospitality and delicious cuisine
- Relax on Sardinia's stunning beaches
Often referred to as the 'land of silence', Sardinia is a place of outstanding natural beauty, with its crystal-clear sea, limestone ridges and deep gorges. During the week we ride across the wild and pristine southwestern part of the region, passing abandoned mines, ancient ruins and gleaming white beaches. The route starts with a circular ride through the fascinating Sinis wetlands, home to colonies of pink flamingos, then moves on to the spectacular Costa Verde (Green Coast) named for its abundance and variety of Mediterranean vegetation. After cycling past the ancient mines of Ingurtosu and Planusartu, we reach the beautiful beach of Portixeddu where the impressive Pan di Zucchero white cliff towers out of the emerald waters. We then board a local ferry to the fishing village of Carloforte and explore the delightful isle of Sant'Antioco before crossing to the mainland, where we conclude a week of wonderful cycling pedalling across the rolling hills of the stunning Costa del Sud, with its white beaches, coastal pools and imposing high cliffs. Having built a good appetite, you will have plenty of opportunities to sample Sardinia's unique, mouth-watering cuisine: the perfect mix for a great week of cycling!
Day 1: Start Cabras.
Day 2: Ride through the Sinis wetlands to the white quartz beach of Is Arutas and
the Phoenician site of Tharros.
Day 3: Cycle along the Costa Verde and on to Piscinas beach.
Day 4: Cycle past abandoned mines, the golden beach of Portixeddu and the white sea
stack of Pan di Zucchero; continue to the former mining village of Nebida.
Day 5: Descend to Fontanamare; board the ferry to the fishing village of Carloforte.
Day 6: Cycle through the meadows of Sant'Antioco; visit the Romanesque Pisan
sanctuary and ride along the quiet country lanes of Sulcis.
Day 7: Pedal across the rolling hills of the Costa del Sud; climb up to the high
point of Cape Malfatano for views of the coast; transfer and overnight in
Day 8: End Cagliari.
- 7 nights in comfortable 3-star hotels and agriturismos , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 2 dinners
- 6 days cycling with full vehicle support
- All transport and listed activities
- 90% tarmac, 10% easy gravel roads
- Group normally 5 to 16, plus leaders. Min age 16 years
- Mix of easy riding and climbs from the coast
- Tour leader throughout
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from Cabras are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling in Sardinia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 72 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 14 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycling in Sardinia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling in Sardinia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.