- Enjoy a host of winter activities in magical surroundings
- Stay in fantastic lodge accommodation
- Experience an evening snowshoeing under the Northern Lights
- Citizen Science departures available on this trip
In the heart of Oulanka National Park sits Basecamp Oulanka, a self-sustained complex of wooden buildings overlooking Juuma Lake. From here, you can enjoy a variety of winter activities, exploring one of the most sparsely populated areas in Europe by snowshoe, ski and dogsled. Carving your own path through the snow-caked forests of Finland, you couldn’t feel more removed from the hustle of city life. So get back to nature this winter and head to Basecamp.
Join us to celebrate Exodus’ 50th anniversary! Select departures of this trip feature extra inclusions to mark the occasion: a Finnish winter sauna experience, a local birthday celebration and a special edition Exodus kitbag. For departure dates, see the Dates & Prices tab or to see other trips with Special 50th Anniversary Departures click here.
This trip includes a few of our Citizen Science Departures. These special departures offer you the opportunity to be involved in the collection of freshwater samples during the trip. The environmental DNA information derived from this sample will contribute directly to the e
Atlas; the world’s largest repository of flora and fauna species data, contributing to the conservation and restoration of biodiversity both locally and globally. To book onto one of these special departures, see the Dates & Prices tab. For more information on these departures and the e
Atlas, click here.
Day 1: Start Basecamp Oulanka
Day 2: Snowshoe hike in Oulanka National park walking through snow-caked trees and by the Kitka River
Day 3: Cross-country skiing in the morning heading down to Juuma Lake; free afternoon
Day 4: Dogsledding instruction and tour in Riisitunturi National Park; evening Northern Lights snowshoe excursion
Day 5: Free day in Ruka for optional activities
Day 6: Wilderness skills including quinzee building and fire-making; optional night in the quinzee
Day 7: Optional activities including cross-country skiing and dogsledding; farewell dinner
Day 8: End Basecamp Oulanka
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, five lunches and seven dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Local tour leaders throughout
- All specialist equipment
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 110+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Finnish Wilderness Week tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 March 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 March 2024, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Finnish Wilderness Week tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Finnish Wilderness Week tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.