- Local culture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 48
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Discover Rotorua
- Explore the America's Cup exhibition at the Maritime Museum in Auckland, and a kiwifruit orchard with a Local Specialist
- View Huka Falls, Mt. Ruapehu, farming lands, and spectacular scenery along the Kapiti Coast
- Visit a kiwifruit orchard in Te Puke, a geothermal valley at Whakarewarewa in Rotorua, and Te Papa Museum of New Zealand in Wellington
- Connect with Locals Retired champion jockey Lance O'Sullivan and his wife Bridgette are your hosts for a Be My Guest lunch on their dairy farm in the North Island.
- Dive into Culture Delve into New Zealand's national identity, exploring an expansive collection related to this country's culture and history at Te Papa, Museum of New Zealand.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Your visit to Te Puia helps fund the Arts and Crafts Institute, enriching the lives of the local Maori attending.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Learn how your visit to Tamaki Maori Village contributes to the sustainability and resiliency of its indigenous community.
- Stays With Stories This hotel is owned by a local family whose dream it was to highlight the spectacular beauty and spirit of the Tauranga harbour.
- Show more
This Auckland to Wellington tour showcases the best of the North’s iconic spots. Dine in the barn of racing royalty, see the sun-drenched shores of Mount Manganui, get close to Kiwi bird and Kiwi fruit, and learn the importance of Maori culture through talented storytellers. All this and much more is waiting on this New Zealand North Island tour.
Day 1: Welcome to Auckland
Day 2: Explore the Sights of Auckland
Day 3: Rotorua, Rich in Maori Culture
Day 4: Mount Maunganui on the Stunning Coast
Day 5: Rotorua, Yours to Discover
Day 6: Wellington Capital of Cool
Day 7: Farewell Wellington
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- 6 Breakfasts
- 1 Dinner
- 1 Regional Dinner
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- All land transport shown. All transfers shown
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Welcome Reception
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Wellington are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iconic North tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 92+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iconic North tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 July 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 July 2022, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Iconic North tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iconic North tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Small group version of this tour may be available, which limits the group size to generally 29 people.
- Groups traveling together will be seated together, and face coverings will be required where mandated, otherwise it is the choice of our guests if they wish to wear face coverings when traveling on the coach. Additionally, all surfaces will be disinfected multiple times per day, and due to our high performing air filters the air within the coach will be completely filtered and changed every 2-3 minutes
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children aged 5-15, who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.