- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience true Alaskan wilderness
- Keep an eye out for sea lions, curious seals and otters, porpoises, whales, caribou, moose, and bear
- Hike, raft and go on a nature tour in Denali National Park
- Canoe in the tundra foothills of remote Tangle Lakes
An active and diverse way to experience the vast landscapes and incredible parks of Alaska. Alaska’s greatest asset may actually be its diversity and the state’s superlatives simply defy the imagination. Alaska is home to Prince William Sound – a diverse maritime complex of tidewater glaciers and deep fjords, Wrangell-St. Elias – America’s largest National Park and home to 9 of the 16 highest peaks on the continent, Denali – the highest peak in North America at 20,320’, and to countless treasures that fill the pages of coffee table books around the world. Our popular itinerary will allow you to sample the wonders of Alaska by hiking, kayaking, rafting, cruising and flying through its vast wilderness all while enjoying the hospitality and character of rustic, yet comfortable lodging. If you want to actively experience and participate in the “real” Alaska but would prefer not to camp, then this 11-day itinerary is the quintessential adventure.
Day 1 : Arrive Anchorage
Day 2 : To Denali National Park - Hike en route (3-4hrs; 8km; +/-500m)
Day 3 : Hiking and rafting in Denali NP
Day 4 : Denali National Park & wildlife spotting
Day 5 : To Tangle Lakes via the Denali Highway (hike approx 2hrs; 5-6km; +/-250m)
Day 6 : To Chitina and bush flight across Wrangells to McCarthy
Day 7 : Root Glacier walk (~4-5 hrs; 10-11km; and up to 100m elevation gain)
Day 8 : Day Hike or Free Day in Wrangell-St. Elias NP (5-8hrs; 15-16km; +/-1250m)
Day 9 : Worthington Glacier Hike and Valdez (approx 2hrs; 5km; +/-100m)
Day 10 : Kayaking in Shoup Bay (approx 8hr day with 4hrs of paddling)
Day 11 : Prince William Sound Crossing and Return to Anchorage
- 10 nights twin share accommodation in lodges and hotels with mostly private bathrooms (shared facilities in McCarthy)
- Anchorage hotel airport shuttle
- 10 breakfasts and 9 lunches
- Scenic bush plane flight to McCarthy
- Private transport in good quality vehicles throughout
- Prince William Sound ferry (or over flight)
- Guided hiking and paddling as described
- Professional guide throughout
- Denali National Park wildlife-viewing shuttle
- All group gear and safety equipment
- All park permits and fees
- International airfare and airport taxes
- Transportation to and from Anchorage
- Travel Insurance (mandatory)
- Dinners/meals not listed in inclusions
- Alcoholic beverages
- Optional activities (see itinerary)
- Personal expenses such as laundry, phone calls, etc
- Tips & Gratuities (see pre departure notes for guidelines)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 155+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Great Alaska Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 February 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Great Alaska Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Great Alaska Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.