- Bird watching
- Marine wildlife
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Orca, Humpback and Grey whale watching with experienced naturalist guides
- Search for Black bears on the rocky shoreline of Clayoquot Sound
- Observation of the 'mythical' Grizzly bear in its natural surroundings
- Vancouver Island, the largest island on the North American Pacific coast
'Beautiful British Columbia' proclaim the number plates, and for once without hyperbole. Sensational wildlife regularly presents itself amidst a backdrop of rugged scenery. Whale and bear watching are the big draw picture cards but other players like seals, elk and beaver ensure a truly authentic British Columbian wildlife encounter.
Day 1: Start Vancouver.
Day 2: Discover Vancouver; ferry to Vancouver Island.
Day 3: Visit Cathedral Grove to see Douglas fir trees.
Day 4: Pacific Rim N.P.; boat excursion to observe Grey and Humpback whales.
Day 5: Visit Tofino Botanical Gardens; boat excursion to observe Black bears.
Day 6: To Campbell River; visit Elk Falls.
Day 7: Boat excursion to Orford River to observe Grizzly bears.
Day 8: Quadra Island for hiking or optional sea kayaking.
Day 9: Transfer to Victoria; ferry to Vancouver.
Day 10: End Vancouver.
- 8 nights comfortable hotels, 1 night standard hotel , All accommodation
- Travel by minibus, ferry and Zodiac
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Group normally 5 to 12, plus local leader/driver
- No meals included
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Vancouver are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Whales & Bears of British Columbia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 201+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Whales & Bears of British Columbia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Whales & Bears of British Columbia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Whales & Bears of British Columbia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.