Looking for available travel experts
Wonder what holidays at the end of the world would look like? Then make sure to book a trip to Ushuaia, an Argentine town commonly described using this very phrase, due to its location in the southernmost part the country. Even though it is mostly known as a hub for outdoor adventurers and wildlife enthusiasts, the city’s ever-growing cultural offer will make sure your holidays in Ushuaia are also packed with all sorts of stylish, metropolitan activities.
- Museo Maritimo is an intriguing cultural complex housed in a former prison. It offers insight into Ushuaia’s maritime tradition and history as a penal colony.
- Martial Glacier is an easy hike that will take you through streams and woodlands that rise above Ushuaia. Once on top, you will have an spectacular view of the city and the Beagle Channel.
- Yatan Park is the only remaining part of the native forest that once covered this area. Today, it is a place for the indigenous community to practice their crafts, which can be viewed at the Yatan Park’s art center.
- Museum at the End of the World is dedicated to Ushuaia’s indigenous history, but also its rich and diverse animal life.
- A great way to experience Ushuaia’s amazing scenery is by booking a cruise across the Beagle Channel. This way, you can admire the awe-inspiring mountains and glaciers that surround the city, but also experience several wildlife habitats, which are famous for being studied by Charles Darwin.
- If you prefer exploring the area on land, you can ride aboard the Southern Fuegian Railway, which will take you through the wonderful landscapes of the Tierra del Fuego region.
- If you are planning to focus your Ushuaia holiday around outdoor activities, you might want to you plan your visit during South American summers — in the months between December and February.
Please do check up on the best time to visit Patagonia before planning your tour. And if you’re still hunting for more things to do and places to explore in Argentina, do check out our Argentina Travel Guide for more information.