- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Be joined by an expert team of expedition guides and leading scientists who will join you on shore landings and also present a comprehensive lecture series to prepare you for what lies ahead.
- Discover the abundance of wildlife that call this environment home. Scan the seas for whales, cruise alongside seal bobs and spot rare birds while passing through the Beagle Channel.
- Get up close to some of the Antarctic Peninsula’s rugged terrain on a series of Zodiac cruises, and if the weather permits, stroll along the shores in search of penguin colonies.
- Immersive sea kayaking explorations, a freezing polar plunge, a night camping under the Antarctic skies – optional adventures on your polar expedition will take your journey to the next level.
Voyage on a spectacular 11-day polar expedition from Ushuaia to the Great White Continent. You’ll be delighted by penguins, seals and whales as they accompany you on your journey to the Antarctic Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands. Be joined by an expert expedition team focused on maximising wildlife sightings and presenting a detailed and comprehensive lecture series on marine biology, glaciology and Antarctic history. With a fully equipped marine expedition vessel and a number of optional activities to enhance your explorations, experiencing the wilds of Antarctica has never been this effortless.
Ushuaia - Embarkation Day
Crossing the Drake Passage
South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
Disembarkation in Ushuaia, Argentina
- Expedition Voyage, Hotel
- 10 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- Expedition cruise ship , Zodiac
- Any international flights to/from Ushuaia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Antarctic Explorer from Ushuaia 11 day tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 280+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Antarctic Explorer from Ushuaia 11 day tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 1599 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 55 days before departure. For any departures within 19 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Antarctic Explorer from Ushuaia 11 day tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Antarctic Explorer from Ushuaia 11 day tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip runs on a number of polar expedition vessels, depending on the departure date. Each ship is equipped with well-appointed and comfortable staterooms, spacious common areas and outdoor viewing decks, but the exact layout and features do vary between ships. When booking a polar expedition, ensure that you note the ship name carefully in the ‘Dates & Availability’ section and consult its individual boat page to learn more about your vessel. For further information, speak to a Peregrine booking agent.
- Although our ice strengthened ships are big and sturdy, Antarctic waters can be unpredictable and rough. Some people may experience seasickness, especially through the Drake Passage and other open water crossings. Please be prepared with medications to combat this. There is also a doctor on board should you need further assistance.
- As you’d expect, temperatures in the Antarctic are freezing. A warm parka will be provided along with waterproof boots and unlimited hot drinks, but you should also bring base layers and lots of warm clothing. Please see the ‘Packing’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details on what to bring.
- Weather depending, you will be making regular excursions in a Zodiac boat to explore the local area and look for wildlife. It can get very cold and wet on the Zodiac, so make sure you are dressed appropriately and that you keep your camera safe and dry. Sturdy sea legs are needed as you make wet and dry landings from the boat, and on steep terrain, snow and other uneven surfaces. Some ships have a lot of stairs, so please hold on to the handrails if seas are rough.
- The weather plays a pivotal part in this adventure and although there’s an itinerary in place, there are no guarantees that you’ll be able to do everything that is planned for. A level of flexibility and openness to embracing the unexpected are important in expedition travel, especially to such a remote area. There are nearly 200 recognised sites in the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetlands; the places mentioned in the itinerary may need to be changed to others (which are equally as interesting). We may also be confined to the ship during rough weather. The onboard library and educational lectures are ideal ways of keeping entertained.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers