- City sightseeing
- Museum and gallery visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore both the ultramodern and traditional sides of Japan.
- Experience Tokyo's vibrant nightlife.
- Visit Kyoto's iconic temples and geishas.
- See the floating torii gate of Miyajima.
Now's the time to explore Japan on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Always wanted to explore Japan but kinda felt it was pricey? We got you. This 11-day introduction to the Land of the Rising Sun is super-affordable and super fun. Travel by train to introduce yourself to Tokyo nightlife, the famous geisha district of Kyoto, and the iconic floating torii gate of Miyajima. Experience the country's traditions and cutting-edge modernity with lots of free time to do your own thing. When you see Japan with a group of like-minded adventurers, you'll never want to come home.
Day 1: Tokyo
Day 2: Tokyo
Day 3: Tokyo/Takayama
Day 4: Takayama/Kyoto
Day 5: Kyoto
Day 6: Kyoto
Day 7: Kyoto/Hiroshima
Day 8: Hiroshima
Day 9: Hiroshima/Osaka
Day 10: Osaka
Day 11: Osaka
- Hostels (9 nts, multi-share), traditional inn (1 nt, shared facilities).
No meals included
Note: Allow USD510-665 for meals not included.
- Train, bus, ferry, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Big Night Out Moment: - Kyoto: Karaoke, Kyoto
- Your Discover Moment: Kyoto
- Your Big Night Out Moment: - Osaka: Nightlife, Osaka
- Orientation walks in Tokyo and Takayama
- Overnight stay in a traditional inn
- Miyajima Island visit
- Free time in each destination
- Japan Rail (JR) pass (7 days)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Tokyo and from Osaka are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Epic Japan: Speed Trains & Street Food tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 108 today.
- Earn US$ 72+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Epic Japan: Speed Trains & Street Food tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Epic Japan: Speed Trains & Street Food tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Epic Japan: Speed Trains & Street Food tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.