- Walking tour
- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover an Iran beyond the media portrayals of a repressive and dour regime – this is a country full of warm, lively and friendly people.
- Explore the rich history told in the ancient ruins that lie across the country, many of which sit in remote and isolated landscapes that only add to their magic.
- Experience the wondrous remains of the ancient capital of Persepolis – the scale and grandeur will leave you in no doubt that this was once the centre of the known world.
- Immerse yourself in rural nomadic life with a remote homestay with the Qashqai people in Fars Province, enjoying meals, stories and songs.
Conservative and unconventional, deeply religious and deeply surprising, Iran doesn’t fit into any easy pigeonhole. Spend two weeks following the ancient Silk Road through this under-touristed country to discover refined Islamic cities, colourful bazaars, ancient ruins, fascinating nomadic cultures and shimmering deserts. Whether you're relaxing in a teahouse in Tehran, enjoying guided tours of ancient cultural sites, or breaking bread with locals on the harsh Iranian plateau, the warmth and hospitality of the Iranian people is endearing, and the profound beauty of their land is mesmerising.
My tour guide, Kelly, was super knowledgeable, funny, and a pleasure to be around!
The group of people from different countries, regions, and ages made it the best tour I have been on.
Below are a few highlights:
1. BBQ in the Grampians
2. Bay of Martyrs
3. Seeing koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat
4. The scenery along the Great Ocean Road
5. A boomerang lesson
6. The entire trip was lovely.”
Persepolis / Fars Province homestay
- Hotel (10 nights), Guest House (1 night) Eco Lodge(1 night), Home Stay (1 night)
- 13 Breakfasts, 5 Dinners
- Train , Private Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Tehran - Golestan Palace Entrance
- Tehran - Leader-led walking tour
- Tehran - Iran National Museum
- Yazd - Leader-led walking tour
- Yazd - Fire Temple and Towers of Silence visit
- Yazd - Amir Chakhmaq Complex
- Yazd - Kharanaq-Chak-Cahk Excursion
- Abarkooh - Cypress of Abarkooh
- Abarkooh - Ice Houses
- Shiraz - Leader-led walking tour
- Shiraz - Nasir-ol-Molk Mosque
- Shiraz - Aramgah-e Shah-e Cheragh
- Shiraz - Bagh-e Eram Gardens
- Shiraz - Home cooked meal
- Persepolis - Entrance and guided tour
- Izadkhast - Complex including castle and Caravanserai
- Esfahan - Khaju & Si-o-seh Pol Bridges
- Esfahan - Sheik Lotfallah Mosque
- Esfahan - Iman Mosque entrance and guided tour
- Esfahan - City Tour
- Esfahan - Ali Qapu Palace
- Esfahan - Qeysarie Bazaar
- Esfahan - Manar Jomban (Shaking Minarets)
- Esfahan - Vank Cathedral
- Kashan - Meal with local family
- Kashan -Tabatabaei Historical House
- Kashan - Bazaar
- Kashan - Fin Gardens (entrance fee and guide)
- Any international flights to/from Tehran are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iran Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 89+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iran Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Iran Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iran Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. It is very important that before you sign up for this tour you are committed to following a strict dress code (particularly for women) in what may be quite warm weather. Women must wear a headscarf and must also have their arms and legs covered. Men must also be conservatively dressed with arms and legs covered.
- Alcohol is strictly forbidden in Iran and severe penalties will be incurred by anyone attempting to bring it into the country. Drug laws are also extremely strict, and travellers face lengthy jail terms if caught. As a foreigner, you will likely be whisked through customs but note that random bag checks do occur.
- This trip has some wonderful accommodations experiences that really immerse you in the culture of Iran. For this reason, on three nights there is no single supplement available, as we stay in unique accommodations like a restored caravanserai, the home of a nomadic family and an eco-lodge. These are all basic with limited or shared facilities
- You’ll find many of the spectacular ruins and sites in Iran are not managed as tightly as you may be used to. The pathways around some of the sites may be uneven, rocky or dusty. Some of the guided trips may involve quite a lot of walking in remote locations where you will be exposed to the elements. Please bring comfortable walking shoes and be prepared with hats, sunscreen, water or layers for cooler weather.
- Iran is a big country and this trip covers a lot in two weeks. Be prepared to sit back in your private vehicle (or on a train) and watch the scenery go by on some long travel days.
- Please note that we use a local supplier for your arrival transfer. As tourism is a developing industry in Iran, it is possible your driver will not speak English.
- Getting a visa for Iran can be a frustrating and time-consuming process. It may take a couple of weeks to get your authorisation code, and then it can take up to 30 days to receive your visa back from the embassy or consulate. Rules can and do change often – this is the nature of the destination. We are here to help you through it.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
I would like to go on the Iran tour but I am traveling alone. Do you have a single supplement?
A single supplement is charged on this trip if you prefer to stay in single accommodation. If you prefer to accommodate in a twin share room, you will not be charged with a single supplement and you will be allocated with another fellow traveller of the same gender. The option to select the type of accommodation along with the tour prices as per the accommodation will be displayed as a second step after you book the tour on your preferred departure date.
Also, please note that the single supplement is not applicable on three nights of the tour: day 4 in a restored caravanserai, day 7 in a home of a nomadic family and day 8 in an eco lodge. On these three nights, you will be in shared accommodation, all basic with limited or shared facilities.
Last modified (date)
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions