- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover Taiwan’s food culture by collecting oysters in Wangong, sipping black tea at a plantation, cooking farmfresh spring onion pancakes and touring the island’s only whisky distillery.
- Hike through lush mountain foothills to a 12tiered pagoda that overlooks Sun Moon Lake, and later kayak on its serene waters.
- Spend time slinging Taiwan’s favourite root vegetable with Taipei’s ‘Sweet Potato Mamas’, local women supporting their families one spud at a time.
- Wonder at Taroko Gorge, then follow the aquamarine river along Shakadang Trail on a hike past marbled cliffs and immense boulders.
Breathtaking coastline, lush green landscapes and tranquil temples are only the beginning on this 11-day adventure through tantalising Taiwan. Squeeze between food stalls and medicine pedlars in narrow alleyways. Get behind-the-scenes glimpses (and hands-on experience) in local industries. Taste some of the most innovative dishes in Asia, from oyster omelettes to taro balls. Perhaps best of all? Discover the misty mountains and rugged coastal forests that have captured the attention of so many powers throughout history and earned Taiwan the name ‘the beautiful island’.
Turtle Island – Jiufen – Taipei
Sun Moon Lake
Puli – Sun Moon Lake
Fangyuan – Taichung
- Hotel (8 nights), Guesthouse (2 nights)
- 10 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches
- Private Bus , Metro , Public Bus , Bike , Boat , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Taipei - Dihua Street walk
- Taipei - Sweet Potato Mama Urban Adventure
- Taipei - Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall
- Hualien - Night Market
- Hualien - Danong Dafu Forest Park
- Hualien - Qingshui Cliff
- Taroko Gorge - scenic hike
- Yilan - Spring onion farm & cooking demostration
- Yilan - Whisky distillery
- Jiufen - Old Town walk
- Turtle Island - Boat tour
- Sun Moon Lake - Bike Ride
- Sun Moon Lake - Ci'en Pagoda Trail walk
- Puli - Hugosum Tea Farm
- Puli - Chung Tai Chan Monastery
- Sun Moon Lake - Kayaking
- Lukang - Longshan Temple
- Fangyuan - Oyster picking
- Taipei - National Palace Museum
- Taichung - Rainbow Village
- Any international flights to/from Taipei are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore Taiwan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 99+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Explore Taiwan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 15 November 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Explore Taiwan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore Taiwan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- We use mainly private transport between destinations on this trip to enable us to pack as many highlights as we can into each day. When in Taipei you can expect plenty of walking and to make use of the efficient metro system. Between Taipei, Hualien and Yilan we use local trains.
- Due to geography and road infrastructure we need to return to Taipei on Day 6 of our itinerary before exploring the west coast.
- There are a number of opportunities for hiking, cycling and kayaking on this trip. While these are not strenuous, they do require a good overall level of fitness.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.