- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover Taiwan’s food culture by collecting oysters in Wangong, sipping black tea at a plantation, cooking farmfresh spring onion pancakes and touring the island’s only whisky distillery.
- Hike through lush mountain foothills to a 12tiered pagoda that overlooks Sun Moon Lake, and later kayak on its serene waters.
- Spend time slinging Taiwan’s favourite root vegetable with Taipei’s ‘Sweet Potato Mamas’, local women supporting their families one spud at a time.
- Wonder at Taroko Gorge, then follow the aquamarine river along Shakadang Trail on a hike past marbled cliffs and immense boulders.
Breathtaking coastline, lush green landscapes and tranquil temples are only the beginning on this 11-day adventure through tantalising Taiwan. Squeeze between food stalls and medicine pedlars in narrow alleyways. Get behind-the-scenes glimpses (and hands-on experience) in local industries. Taste some of the most innovative dishes in Asia, from oyster omelettes to taro balls. Perhaps best of all? Discover the misty mountains and rugged coastal forests that have captured the attention of so many powers throughout history and earned Taiwan the name ‘the beautiful island’.
First Hotel in Ubud should be changed (smell in the room, dark)
Last Hotel in Sanur must be changed. After the other hotels, this standard "business" hotel is not an adequate end of the tour. Simply no atmosphere”
Turtle Island – Jiufen – Taipei
Sun Moon Lake
Puli – Sun Moon Lake
Fangyuan – Taichung
- Hotel (8 nights), Guesthouse (2 nights)
- 10 Breakfast, 2 Lunch
- Private Bus , Metro , Public Bus , Bike , Boat , Train
- Taipei - Dihua Street walk
- Taipei - Sweet Potato Mama Urban Adventure
- Taipei - Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall
- Hualien - Night Market
- Hualien - Danong Dafu Forest Park
- Hualien - Qingshui Cliff
- Taroko Gorge - scenic hike
- Yilan - Spring onion farm & cooking demostration
- Yilan - Whisky distillery
- Jiufen - Old Town walk
- Turtle Island - Boat tour
- Sun Moon Lake - Bike Ride
- Sun Moon Lake - Ci'en Pagoda Trail walk
- Puli - Hugosum Tea Farm
- Puli - Chung Tai Chan Monastery
- Sun Moon Lake - Kayaking
- Lukang - Longshan Temple
- Fangyuan - Oyster picking
- Taipei - National Palace Museum
- Taichung - Rainbow Village
- Any international flights to/from Taipei are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore Taiwan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 97+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Explore Taiwan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 57 days before departure. For any departures within 24 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Explore Taiwan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore Taiwan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.