- 3.08k views
Finding the perfect honeymoon destination to celebrate wedding bliss is an exciting (and sometimes agonizing!) task. If you are considering a honeymoon in Costa Rica, however, finding a slice of paradise will be a breeze. Costa Rica offers a great variety of destinations and things to do that will take your romance to the next level. Whether you seek thrilling activities, relaxation and pampering, or curious exploration in charming villages, this country brings magical memories to all who visit. Truly, you’d be hard pressed to find a place in Costa Rica that wouldn’t make a great getaway.
To help you decide where to spend your romantic honeymoon in Costa Rica, here are some of the top destinations to consider.
Manuel Antonio is by far one of the most appealing destinations in Costa Rica. Couples in particular will enjoy the crescent white-sand beaches, panoramic ocean views, and exotic wildlife encounters. An extensive network of beach and jungle trails are perfect for wandering and creating stories that will last a lifetime. Consider exploring honeymoon packages in Costa Rica, which can combine Manuel Antonio and other top destinations for the ultimate romance discovery.
- Where to go and what to do: Spot all 4 species of Costa Rica’s monkeys in Manuel Antonio National Park. Cliff jump together from atop the 6 meter Nauyaca Waterfall.
- Where to stay: Gaia Hotel & Reserve, Tulemar Bungalows & Villas
On the southwest side of Costa Rica lies one of the most unspoiled areas in the world. With inspiring ocean views, virgin rainforest, and unmatched opportunities for endangered wildlife viewing, you can spend your days simply taking in the magnificent scenery together or embark on a wilderness expedition of a lifetime.
- Where to go and what to do: Watch whales and dolphins from Drake Bay. Backpack through Corcovado National Park, one of the most biodiverse places on the planet.
- Where to stay: Lapa Rios Ecolodge, Bosque del Cabo, Casa Corcovado
Take this 14-day tour in Costa Rica and spend the final days of the tour exploring the Osa Peninsula.
Have fun in the sun in the tropical beach town of Tamarindo. Days here are often lively and active, but beach-goers seeking a bit of relaxation will find it appealing too. The sunsets won’t disappoint and you’ll find many elegant and casual beachfront restaurants with perfect ambiance to celebrate your new journey together.
- Where to go and what to do: Sail on a catamaran or go surfing from Playa Tamarindo. Walk the beach at sunset at Las Baulas National Marine Park.
- Where to stay: Cala Luna Boutique Hotel & Villas, Los Altos de Eros, Jardin del Eden Boutique Hotel
A honeymoon in La Fortuna satiates the senses in one of Costa Rica’s most iconic landscapes. This small town, tucked away in the countryside, rests at the foot of Costa Rica’s most famous volcano and is a destination not to be missed on a Costa Rica tour. This is the perfect scenic backdrop for your romantic getaway. The national park and nearby lake are popular areas to enjoy day activities before heading to a luxurious hot springs resort for an evening soak in geothermal spring-fed pools.
- Where to go and what to do: Trek the lava fields at Arenal Volcano National Park. Take a sunset cruise on Lake Arenal. Enjoy a day at the spa in natural surroundings at Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort.
- Where to stay: Nayara Springs, Hotel Lomas del Volcan, Arenal Springs Resort & Spa
The turquoise waters in Uvita will definitely create a splendid atmosphere for your honeymoon in Costa Rica. You may find yourself returning for anniversaries year after year to enjoy the lush surroundings and quiet atmosphere of this oasis. Romantic waterfalls, gourmet eateries, and equestrian trails are abundant here.
- Where to go and what to do: Kayak & snorkel from Uvita Beach. Slide down the cascade at Uvita Waterfall. Ride horseback through Rancho La Merced National Wildlife Refuge.
- Where to stay: Rancho Pacifico, Oxygen Jungle Villas, Kura Design Villas
Papagayo Peninsula is home to 31 beaches along a 24 km stretch of coastline in the northern Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Nature-lovers will enjoy the ecotourism opportunities, while daredevils might set their hearts on fire through adventure tours. Plus, the region has become a popular setting for several luxury resorts setting the stage for romantic vacations in Costa Rica.
- Where to go and what to do: Scuba dive with rays, sharks, and tropical fish at Playa del Coco. Strengthen your partnership while whitewater rafting the Tenorio River. Go caving in Barra Honda National Park.
- Where to stay: Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica, Andaz Costa Rica Resort, Secrets Papagayo
In Tortuguero, time is slowed down so that you will only need a watch to plan your return. Being so close to nature and one another, time and love sync perfectly. A trip to this small coastal town starts with a safari-like boat trip through the canals with howling monkeys welcoming you along the way. Largely dedicated to ecological preservation, Tortuguero has also earned fame as a top destination for eco-tourism in Costa Rica for witnessing nesting sea turtles.
- Where to go and what to do: Take a guided night walk in search of four species of sea turtles nesting on Tortuguero beach. Hike dense jungle trails in Tortuguero National Park. Canoe the canals in early morning for awe-inspiring scenery and glimpses of rare birds and crocodiles.
- Where to stay: Tortuga Lodge, Mawamba Lodge, Manatus Hotel
Needless to say, Rincón de la Vieja is one of the most hot and steamy honeymoon destinations in Costa Rica, literally. Costa Rica’s most active and biggest volcano produces a geothermal landscape that is truly spectacular. You’ll get the best of both worlds—wild adventures and rejuvenating pampering in this natural oasis.
- Where to go and what to do: Hike, bike, and horseback ride in Rincón de la Vieja National Park. Stroll to boiling mud pots and breathtaking waterfalls. Soak and unwind in volcanic thermal hot springs.
- Where to stay: Borinquen Mountain Resort & Spa, Blue River Resort & Hot Springs
In one of the most beautiful, pristine, and ecologically diverse countries in the world, the question is not why, but where to honeymoon in Costa Rica. Each couple’s love is unique, and fortunately so are the accommodations, activities, and surroundings you’ll discover as you plan your honeymoon in Costa Rica.
Travelling to Costa Rica? Chat with a local travel specialist in Costa Rica who can help organize your trip.
Randall Jiménez Moreno Travel Expert in Costa Rica
Mario Leon Travel Expert in Costa Rica
Ellen Zoe Golden Travel Expert in Costa Rica