- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Hard
- Maximum altitude 2925 meters
- Enjoy hiking through stunning Alpine scenery
- See amazing mountain lakes
- Experience the local food and culture
- Carry only one days' worth of food and clothing
The walking treks are arduous and suited to very fit people experienced in alpine walking. The hiking program is based from two main centers (one each in the Pirin and the Rila), allowing the routes to be additionally adapted to group specifics, and to be undertaken with only a small backpack with a days’ supply of water, food, and clothing.
Day 1: Sofia arrival
Day 2: Climb the Polezhan summit
Day 3: Bandereshki Lakes Cirque
Day 4: Climb of the Vihren summit
Day 5: The Rila Monastery and the Skakavitsa Waterfall
Day 6: The Seven Rila Lakes and Malyovitsa
Day 7: Climb of mount Musala
Day 8: Departure
- 7 Breakfasts and 7 Dinners
- Transfers to and from Sofia Airport
- Transfers as per itinerary
- English-speaking mountain guide
- Accommodation according to itinerary
- Cable car tickets
- All local taxes
- Rent of trekking poles
- Museum entrance fees
- Extra food and drink
- Mountain maps
- Travel/medical insurance
- Save US$ 23+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThe trek is arduous and suited to very fit people experienced in alpine walking. There are sufficient alternative walking routes in case of bad weather. The best period for this trip is mid June to mid September The hiking time only is mentioned on each day (not including stops for pictures, picnics, breaks etc.!); these are based on an average hiker’s speed of 45km/hr on flat terrain, additional 30min for each 300m elevation gain, and a backpack weighing not more than 1015% of your body weight. Still, this varies a lot on the terrain, the group size and the hiking experience of each client within the group. Meeting details: For all international group tours you need to plan on landing in Sofia before 15:00 on the tour starting date and leave after 11:00 on the last tour date (otherwise extra fees for private transfers may apply).