- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Glacier hiking and ice climbing
- Svínafellsjökull (Outlet glacier of Vatnajökull Ice Cap)
- Breathtaking ice formations
- No glacier experience needed
You will meet your experienced guide at Skaftafell Information Centre Parking lot and from there you will be driven to the root of Svínafellsjökull, which is an outlet glacier of the Vatnajökull Ice Cap. The glacier is a part of the tallest mountain range in Iceland, and the highest peak in the country, Hvannadalshnúkur is easily seen from the glacier in a clear sky.
Before stepping on the ice, your guide will gear you up and provide you with the necessary safety equipment needed for this glacier expedition and teach you how it’s used.
During the glacier walk, you will be exploring the breathtaking ice formations and moulins while learning how they are formed and constantly change. You will also be able to attempt to conquer gravity when you get the chance to climb up the ice walls with ice axes and crampons. You will be in the safe hands of our experienced guides who will make sure the experience will be both safe and enjoyable, giving you instructions on the technical aspects of ice climbing through a step by step approach.
Never been on a glacier walk before? Never used crampons or ice axe? No worries! Experienced guides will teach you all you need to know and have you walking safely on the glacier in no time. Safety equipment and briefings are provided before each tour. Nature is best experienced free of worries!
Make sure you sign up for this unforgettable experience. Let yourself be amazed by the breathtaking scenery while getting to know Svínafellsjökull Glacier, up close and personal.
- Experienced glacier guide
- Safety gear (Harness, Ice Axe, Helmet, Crampons)
- Transport from the Skaftafell Visitor Centre to the glacier
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationPlease note: This is an on location tour. You need to arrange transportation to meet our guides on the glacier A) What you need to bring: Rain gear, warm clothes, hiking boots, gloves are necessary to protect your hands! B) Minimum age: 12 years C) Difficulty: Moderate COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.