- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the unique and colourful Pacific Coast city of Valparaiso
- Excursions to Atacama salt flats, altiplano lagoons, El Tatio geysers
- Sunset over the Valley of the Moon in the Atacama Desert
- City tours in cosmopolitan Santiago, German influenced Puerto Varas, and the fish market of Puerto Montt
Chile’s narrow coastal strip stretches for 4300km and is dominated by the towering peaks of the Andes. Covering over half the length of South America, Chile has an unparalleled range of environments; from the world’s driest desert, the hostile Atacama, with its geysers and salt flats, to the fertile valleys and vineyards of central Chile. To the south lies the Lake District with dramatic, snow-capped volcanoes, deep blue lakes and gushing waterfalls. Further still, we reach Patagonia, a land of ice fields, mountains, glaciers and immense solitude; the 'uttermost part of the earth'.
Day 1: Start Santiago; city tour.
Day 2: Full Day excursion to the enigmatic port city of Valparaiso.
Day 3: Fly to Calama; to San Pedro de Atacama.
Day 4: Visit Salar de Atacama & Altiplano lagoons.
Day 5: Excursion to El Tatio geysers; optional night-time astronomy tour.
Day 6: Fly to Puerto Montt; to Puerto Varas on the shore of Lago Llanquihue.
Day 7: Lago Todos Los Santos boat trip; walk near Osorno Volcano.
Day 8: Fly to Punta Arenas; transfer to Puerto Natales.
Day 9: Full day excursion to see some of the highlights of Torres del Paine N.P.
Day 10: Walking at Lago Grey; free time in Torres del Paine N.P.
Day 11: Optional zodiac excursion to Balmaceda Glacier; to Puerto Natales.
Day 12: To Punta Arenas; fly to Santiago.
Day 13: End Santiago.
- 12 nights hotels, all en suite. , All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- Travel by internal flights, bus/minibus and boat
- Internal flights
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Some long distances covered
- Easter Island extension available
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Santiago are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Chile tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 185+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Chile tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 528 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 01 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Discover Chile tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Chile tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.