- duration 7 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-11134
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Take the best-known trekking route in Iceland
- Discover natural hot pools, waterfalls, lava fields, craters and volcanic fissures
- Experience 24-hour daylight in July, chance of the Northern Lights in late August and September
Iceland is now firmly established as one of the most dramatic trekking destinations on the planet – the varied landscapes forged over eons by volcanic eruptions and gigantic glaciers. One of the most popular trails is known as the Laugavegur Trail, and this is the focus of our week. All meals are included while camping, and we start in the colourful Landmannalaugar mountains before heading to the dramatic Thorsmork region where we discover the craters from the 2010 eruption. Few trekking routes can match the striking vistas on offer here.
In addition, the early departures offer long days, up to 24 hours of daylight in July, while the late August and early September departures bring darkness and with that the chance to see the Northern Lights.
Day 1: Start Reykjavik
Day 2: Reykjavik to Landmannalaugar
Day 3: Landmannalaugar to Alftavatn
Day 4: Alftavatn to Emstrur
Day 5: Emstrur to Thorsmork (Basar)
Day 6: Glacier walk, return to Reykjavik
Day 7: End Reykjavik
- All accommodation,Tour leader from meeting at hotel on Day 1 to the end of Day 6
- All breakfasts, four lunches and four dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Glacier walk on Day 6
- Airport shuttle bus transfers for everyone
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 152+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iceland's Laugavegur Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 May 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 May 2024, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Iceland's Laugavegur Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iceland's Laugavegur Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.