- duration 4 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 5-99 yrs
- max group size 6
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3177
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Explore the majestic rainforest however you’d like – jungle treks, dugout canoe safaris, or by relaxing in a hammock and keeping an eye on the wildlife
- Expert guides will reveal extraordinary wildlife – caiman, otters, sloths, parrots, monkeys, hoatzin, monkeys, capybaras, anacondas – and provide insights into the area's importance to the local communities
- Staying in the depths of the Amazon is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that defines the saying of ‘off the beaten track’
Discover the secrets of the Ecuadorian Amazon on this breathtaking tour into the heart of the jungle. Take guided walks to discover the abundant plant and animal life that call this part of the Amazon home. Awake to the exotic sound of birdcalls and discover the thrill of sleeping in this secluded spot deep in the Ecuadorian jungle.
Day 1: Quito / Amazon Jungle
Day 2-3: Amazon Jungle Lodge
Day 4: Quito
- Jungle Lodge (3 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Minibus , Plane
- An expert tour leader
- Daily Amazon jungle activities lead by an English speaking local guide
- Any international flights to/from Quito are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ecuador: Amazon Jungle Short Break tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. World Nomads' travel insurance has been designed by travelers for travelers.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ecuador: Amazon Jungle Short Break tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 April 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ecuador: Amazon Jungle Short Break tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. World Nomads offers travel insurance for independent travelers and intrepid families.Visa
For this Ecuador: Amazon Jungle Short Break tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- On Short Breaks, you maintain a good level of independence and freedom, with the added bonus of having the details sorted out for you. You’ll have lots of free time and you won’t be accompanied by a Trip Leader. This means that all included activities and tours will be run by different local Intrepid partners, and these may operate independently from each other. The included activities and transfers will operate on a join-in basis, which means that you could have your Adventure all to yourself, or others may join you along the way. If you would prefer to travel in a group with a dedicated Trip Leader, just get in touch with your booking agent and they will take you through some alternatives.
- Temperatures in the Amazon can fluctuate. It can get really hot, humid, sticky during the day, and cold at night. Light cotton clothing is the best way to tackle the heat during the day, and base layers are ideal for keeping warm at night.
- Insects, especially mosquitoes, abound in the Amazon. Bring tropical strength insect repellent and wear long sleeves and pants to protect your skin.
- This trip includes jungle hikes, which can be strenuous due to the humidity. A decent level of fitness is required to feel comfortable when exploring the jungle.
- While accommodation in the Amazon is clean, comfortable and ideally located, it can seem pretty basic. Please remember that this is a very remote part of the world.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.