- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 12+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Climb Cotopaxi, one of the highest active volcanoes in the world
- Acclimatize by climbing three smaller volcanoes: Pasochoa, Corazon and Illiniza Norte
- Constant assistance from professional climbing guides throughout the trip
With support of a professional and bilingual guide, you will gain knowledge and experience that will help you reach the summit of the Cotopaxi. Climbing between 4,000 – 6,000 metres above sea level opens up a unique landscape above the clouds and presents unforgettable views of Ecuador with Quito to the north, and Chimborazo and Tungurahua to the south.
Day 1: Arrive at Cotopaxi
Day 2: Scale Pasochoa volcano
Day 3: Climb Corazon volcano
Day 4: Scaling Illiniza Norte
Day 5: Rest day
Day 6: Cotopaxi Climb
Day 7: Cotopaxi Climb
- 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 2 dinners
- Professional, English-speaking mountain guide
- Transportation from PapaGayo to the mountains and back
- 5 nights' accommodation in Hostería PagaGayo Cotopaxi
- 1 night's accommodation at Cotopaxi Refuge
- Transportation from/to Quito (optional)
- Dinner at Hostería PapaGayo Cotopaxi
- Bike hiring on your free day (USD 10)
- Entrance fee for Pasochoa (USD 5)
- Sleeping bag
- Optional celebration champagne lunch at PapaGayo (additional USD 10)
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Earn US$ 27+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease note that due to unforeseeable circumstances (weather conditions or health risks), you will might be unable to reach the summit of Cayambe & Chimborazo. That being said, however, we do promise a fantastic but unforgettable experience, complete with fully qualified and highly experienced guides, fresh and hearty meals, lots of laughter and, of course, good cold beers! Prices are per person based A minimum of two people are required to begin the trip