- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Paro and visit the famous Taktsang 'Tiger's Nest' Monastery
- Cross high mountain passes to the Gangtey Valley, winter home to the Black Necked Crane and Trongsa
- Witness the majesty of the Himalaya including the sacred Jomolhari peak (7326m)
- Discover the ancient dzongs (fortmonasteries) and Lhakkhangs of central Bhutan on ancient trails
A unique combination of culture and walking without the commitment to extended trekking. This unique itinerary is packed with cultural experiences and a blend of varied day walks, some of which exceed 3500m, which will appeal to those who like to keep active whilst engaging with the rich culture and history that Bhutan has to offer. Beginning our journey in the serene Paro Valley we visit the famous Taktsang Monastery and museum before transferring by road to the Haa Valley. Here we take a walk to the Kila Gompa with views of the sacred Jomolhari peak. We have the unique experience of an overnight stay in a farmhouse before continuing over the Dochu La to Wangduephodrang where our accommodation is at a delightful lodge by the river. We visit the well known Gangtey Valley and from here we enter central Bhutan, well known for it's many monasteries and dzongs. We spend some time exploring Trongsa and it's dzong, and cross the 3590 metre Shertang La to gain entry to the Ura Valley. The return journey to Paro is just as magnificent as we retrace our steps back to Paro to conclude a memorable journey in the land of the thunder dragon.
Day 1 : Join Paro (2200m)
Day 2 : Drive to Haa Valley, 70km, 3hr drive
Day 3 : Drive to Thimpu, approx 5 hr drive
Day 4 : Morning hike to Cheri Monastery
Day 5 : To Punakha
Day 6 : To Gangtey
Day 7 : Explore Gangtey
Day 8 : To Bumthang, 68km, 3-4hr drive
Day 9 : Explore Bumthang
Day 10 : Bumthang - Tang Valley
Day 11 : Fly to Paro
Day 12 : In Paro, visit Tigers Nest Monastery
Day 13 : Trip concludes
- Good quality accommodation on a twinshare basis throughout
- 13 breakfasts,12 lunches,13 dinners
- Private internal transport throughout
- All airport transfers
- English speaking local guide
- Sightseeing & sight entry fees as listed
- Bhutan visa
- International flights & taxes
- Bottled water
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Airport & departure taxes
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 151+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bhutan Cultural Journey tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 03 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 03 December 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bhutan Cultural Journey tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bhutan Cultural Journey tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.