- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Walking tour
- Art and architecture
- Shopping and markets
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This is our most popular trip to Rajasthan and one of the topselling trips in our entire range. Opulent, whimsical, and endlessly fascinating – Rajasthan will no doubt capture your imagination and your heart too.
- Don't worry if you find the idea of travelling to India daunting at first your local leader will be on hand to give you all the insider info to help you have a memorable experience of this captivating, but sometimes challenging, country.
- Walk past hills, shimmering lakes, and marble palaces of Udaipur – India’s most romantic city and one of our favourites. Read more about why here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/veniceoftheeastindiaudaipur/
- Watch the sunset from a rampart on Fort Madhogarh, one of our heritage hotels (and a former royal residence) that will be your accommodation while here.
The enchanting northern state of Rajasthan is awash with all the colours of India. On our classic adventure, we discover the fierce history of massive forts and the opulence and splendour of Maharajahs' palaces. Stroll markets, search for the elusive Bengal tiger, enjoy a shared meal with a family in Pushkar, and soak up the culture of the local people. This is truly the essence of Rajasthan.
Our tour guide was very well-organised and very helpful for those who required extra assistance - like losing baggage / passport / remembering wrong flight times / having gold fish memory (yes... this all happened in the trip..). You would't need to worry if you're clumsy or forgetful as Intrepid tour guides will have you covered.
The itinerary is skewed towards a leisure one hence why the average age of our group is 50+ ranging from late 20's to 70's. If you're simply looking for a cultural experience I'd say this is the perfect choice. But if you're a bit more active and adventurous like me then you may feel too protected and bored somtimes.
Lastly some tips for shopping - save your money until you get to Udaipur as there's many more options and prices are a lot better. That way you don't need to lug around extra weight early in the trip too. Remember to bargain at expensive & bigger shops (those are the wealthy ones and they rip you off by a big margin) and not so much at the smaller shops (they aren't as rich!). Tour guides would sometimes hush you into particular shops unfortunately.. but don't feel pressured to make a purchase (easier said than done though) as those shop keepers are good at pitching.”
Ranthambhore National Park
Pushkar - Delhi
- Permanent tent (1 night), Heritage Property (3 nights), Hotel (10 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Auto rickshaw , Bus , Cycle rickshaw , Jeep , Metro , Private vehicle , Shuttle Bus , Taxi , Train , Van
- An expert tour leader
- Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour
- Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple)
- Delhi - Jama Masjid
- Agra - Taj Mahal
- Agra - Agra Fort
- Agra - Red Fort guided tour
- Madhogarh - Leader-led village walk
- Madhogarh - Dinner at Fort Madhogarh
- Jaipur - Amber Fort
- Jaipur - Leader-led walking & market tour
- Ranthambhore National Park - Evening wildlife safari
- Bundi - Stepwell
- Bundi - Bundi Palace
- Bijaipur - Leader-led village tour
- Udaipur - Leader-led walking tour
- Udaipur - City Palace
- Pushkar - Leader-led walking tour
- Pushkar - Home-cooked lunch
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Classic Rajasthan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 46+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic Rajasthan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic Rajasthan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic Rajasthan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- We include some key sights in each destination as well as aim to provide some free time for you to make your own discoveries. Past travellers have found that some research before they travel on what they are most interested in seeing and doing has allowed them to maximise their time in each place.
- While there is no guarantee you will see a tiger during your safari in Ranthambhore, you may have a chance to see a variety of other wildlife, including hyenas, jackals, deer, langurs, marsh crocodiles, wild boars, and birdlife.
- Make sure your luggage is light and compact enough to be able to carry it up and down multiple flights of stairs (ie. in train stations, hotels without elevators).
- There are a number of long travel days on this trip. Some journeys take between six to eight hours, but are a great opportunity to get to know locals, fellow travellers, and the diverse scenery. We are covering a lot of this vast country during the trip, so the journey is all part of the India experience.
- It’s important to prepare for hot sticky temperatures during the day and cooler climates in the evening, particularly in the desert. Layers are one of the best ways to tackle this disparity in weather. We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description