- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3522
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Walk through Brooklyn, New York – a vibrant neighbourhood full of restaurants, parks, cafes and plenty of trendy spots. Enjoy views of the Brooklyn Bridge and explore Little Italy and Chinatown.
- Learn how to line dance in Nashville, Tennessee – the home of country music in the USA – then tuck into a Meat and Three lunch of fried chicken and sides (a southern classic).
- Discover the many free monuments and world-class museums in Washington DC – the capital city of the USA – and climb the famed Rocky Steps.
- Take in the incredible views of the Blue Ridge Mountains at Shenandoah National Park and look out for deer, birdlife, squirrels and the elusive black bear.
- Stroll down Beale Street in Memphis, Tennesse – famous for its blues clubs and as the birthplace of rock n’ roll.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, the Grand Canyon Conservancy. Donations help them protect Grand Canyon National Park and support trail restoration, conservation of native plants and wildlife, and educational programs.
- Show more
If you’re looking for a 10-day adventure from New York to New Orleans, this one’s for you. Starting in trendy Brooklyn, you’ll head south to explore the nation’s capital in Washington DC, take a breath of fresh air with a day and night in Shenandoah National Park (look out for deer, squirrels and a pretty impressive starry night sky), suss some live music in the country capital of Nashville, find hotspots in the birthplace of rock n’ roll in Memphis, then end it all in New Orleans where you’ve got loads of free time to explore the highlights and a knowledgeable local leader to point you in the right direction.
Day 1: Brooklyn, NYC
Day 2: Washington DC
Day 3: Washington DC
Day 4: Appalachian Mountains
Day 5: Nashville
Day 6: Nashville
Day 7: Memphis
Day 8: New Orleans
Day 9: New Orleans
Day 10: New Orleans
- Hostel (multishare) 6 nights, Cabin (with shared facilities) 3 nights
- 2 Dinners
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- New York City - Greenwich Village & The Highline Leader-led Walk
- Philadelphia - City highlights stop
- Washington DC - Leader-led walking tour
- Shenandoah National Park
- Nashville - Meat & Three Dinner
- Nashville - Leader-led orientation walk
- Nashville - Wildhorse Saloon & line dancing
- Memphis - Leader-led orientation walk
- New Orleans - Po'Boy dinner
- New Orleans - Leader-led French Quarter orientation walk
- Any international flights to New York and from New Orleans are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Real Big Apple to Big Easy tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 101+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Real Big Apple to Big Easy tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 February 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Real Big Apple to Big Easy tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Real Big Apple to Big Easy tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- This trip is for travellers who appreciate a bit of independence. You'll get plenty of free time in each location to make your own choices and do your own activities and eat where you like. Your leader is always there to give you tips and suggestions.
- This trip includes time spent travelling in a private vehicle with your group. Extra space can be tight, and conditions may feel a little cramped. It’s all part of the adventure and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers. Please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
- The South gets mighty steamy in the summertime. Pack appropriately, drink plenty of water and you might even grow to love it. September through to November is hurricane season, so if you’re travelling over this period you should pack a rain jacket and waterproof shoes.
- You're in the Deep South of the USA, so expect a lot of (delicious) fried food and barbecue. Vegetarians may have fewer options, as a lot of southern cuisine is meat-based.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.