- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 12-95 yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-4877
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Photograph incredible wildlife on safari drives.
- Interact with the Maasai people.
- Savour a traditional lunch in a local community
Witness wildlife on open savannah and experience the beauty of the Rift Valley. Led by a certified safari guide, you'll journey to Tanzania in search of phenomenal wildlife in its natural habitat. Full-service camping will bring you closer to the region’s wildlife and is an economical way to gain insight about local culture in a short amount of time. Our vehicles minimize drive times and improve your chances of snapping that perfect shot of one of Africa’s elusive "big five."
Day 1: Nairobi
Day 2: Nairobi/Arusha
Day 3: Arusha/Mto wa Mbu
Day 4: Mto wa Mbu/Serengeti National Park
Day 5: Serengeti National Park
Day 6: Serengeti National Park/Ngorongoro
Day 7: Ngorongoro/Arusha
- Simple hotels (2 nts), full-service camping (4 nts).
6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD75-100 for meals not included.
- public minibus/shuttle, 7-seat 4x4 safari vehicle.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer), certified driver/guide, camp crew.
- Your G for Good Moment: Mto wa Mbu Village Visit and Lunch, Mto wa Mbu Your G for Good Moment: Clean Cookstove Project Visit, Mto wa Mbu Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group. Lake Manyara wildlife safari drive. Serengeti wildlife safari drives. Ngorongoro Crater wildlife safari drive. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Your G for Good Moment: Mto wa Mbu Village Visit and Lunch, Mto wa Mbu
- Your G for Good Moment: Clean Cookstove Project Visit, Mto wa Mbu
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group
- Lake Manyara wildlife safari drive
- Serengeti wildlife safari drives
- Ngorongoro Crater wildlife safari drive
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Arusha are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tanzania Camping Safari tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Save US$ 100 today.
- Earn US$ 67+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tanzania Camping Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 November 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 November 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tanzania Camping Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tanzania Camping Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?