- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- age_requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ascending to the most rewarding sunrise at Point Lenana
- Most authentic sceneries, beautiful vegetation, wildlife and birds
The beautiful, snow capped peak of Mount Kenya is the second highest point in Africa at 5199m. It is a challenging and popular destination for trekkers and climbers. The main summit is called Batian and the second summit Nelion (5188m), both of which are technical climbs.
On this trip, we will be trekking up to the third peak, Lenana, at 4985m, which is more accessible and a very feasible goal for fit people. It is a perennial favourite, entirely feasible for the hill walker looking for a high mountain adventure in Africa.
Please refer to the itnierary for day-by-day activities.
Day 1: Nairobi to Old Moses
Day 2: Old Moses camp to Shipton camp
Day 3: Shipton camp
Day 4: Shipton - Lenana - Meru Bandas
Day 5: Meru Bandas to Nairobi
- Pick up from your Hotel or Airport
- Drop off at the airport or your resident hotel
- All park Fees
- Camping fees
- Professional English speaking Mountain Guide
- Porter to carry your luggage
- All meals during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Bottled water (1 liter per day )
- Professional mountain cook
- Transfer to and from Mountain Gate
- Local Government taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Personalized personal effects
- Tips , Laundry and gratuities
- International flights
- Any Item not mentioned in the itinerary
- Earn US$ 33+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.