Holidays in Moldova will offer you picturesque landscape, which is great to see while getting around via cheap bus transportation, or by hiring a bike. A trip to Moldova will be filled with many historically significant monasteries worth seeing, such as the Capriana Monastery. For the wine lovers, Moldova has a rich wine selection with various tasting rooms scattered all over the country.
- Like many Eastern European countries, Moldova experiences harsh winters. Therefore, it is no wonder that the nation offers some great skiing and snowboarding resorts. Check out the Slanic Moldova, which has converted itself over time from a town to a ski resort.
- Located in Budesti village, the Sparta Equestrian Club is one of the best places for horseback riding that Moldova has to offer.
- Kayak at your own pace, as you take in the beauty of the river at the Nistru river.
- Some of the best Moldovan places to eat are located in Chisinau. The great thing is that while you are on a budget you can enjoy some inexpensive food there. There are plenty of fast food and pizza joints to which one can visit.
- Do try the Moldovan red wine. We hear it is fantastic!
- Learn a few Romanian catchphrases, as it is the nation's primary language. Russian is also widely spoken, so you might want to pick up on a bit of both.
- Bring some extra cash. Be prepared, because you may need some extra funds for a variety of reasons especially if plans are altered.
- Try mingling with the locals for deeper travel knowledge. You never know what you can learn.